Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bard of Thomond Statue

Options
  • 28-11-2005 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

I was wondering what people thought of the new statue of Michael Hogan, the so-called 'Bard of Thomond' on Nicholas Street just outside King John's Castle.

The statue itself looks okay I guess but I don't think he's a suitable figure for a statue in front of Limerick City's most prominent landmark. Has anyone read anything by the 'Bard of Thomond'? I can't say I think much of his work.

I'd much prefer to see Patrick Sarsfield's statue moved from the grounds of St. Johns to some place where more people might see it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

I've read Drunken Thady, which is quite good, not too sure of any of his other stuff.
    I think we should be working to develop Limerick's literary heritage, this statute is one way of publicising it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭sioda

I work quite close to the statue and pass it every day and think if you glance at it his stance is just like Joey from friends I can almost here the "How you doin?"

Advertisement