Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway

Options
  • 26-11-2005 12:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭

right, me and the boys are heading to galway tonight for a bit of a night on the town so i'd like to find out the following:

3 good clubs which play little or no rnb?

2 good pubs?

general tips for a night out in galway?

anywhere we can rave it out severely?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Steveire

I've only been to Galway once, and i wasn't there for raving, so i can't help you there.

I thought Galway was a lot like Dublin in lay out. You've got Ayers Square, with Shop Street leading off that down to the river. There's loads of pubs around there anyway, so you'll surely be able to find a few decent ones. If you're looking for somewhere to hang out, the NUIG campus is across the river, and is about as much fun as UCD for chilling out in...

There was a nightclub there called Cuba i think, which had a few floors. It was on Ayers Square (as everything else is). Have a good one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Galway clubs are all fairly crap tbh.
    the Victoria hotel hosts (imo) the best saturday nights in town, with 091 and 110th street on a weekly rotation. it's by far the best place to go on a bit of a mad one:)
    it's the only place i'd bother recommending anyways.
    De Burgos can be a good laugh as well. the venue is a bit crap though

pub wise, the world is your lobster... you can't throw a stone in Galway without hitting a pub.
    The Blue Note is one of my favourites, Massimos next door is alright as well. (and if you're in the area, you might as well check out the Beer Haus' (sp!) selection of imported alcamyhol)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

For the best pubs go to Dominic St or Quay St
    Clubs Cuba for live band
    Radission Dance music
    Vic Great club
    Depending on your age go to halo
    Do not go to Cps , Boo radelys, Gpo

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭j22

If you wanna go raving then the radisson is the only place.

My favourite pub in Galway is the Living room. Also the hole in the wall.

• Advertisement
Advertisement