Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blueface and multiple "virtual" lines

Options
  • 25-11-2005 4:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi there,

New to Blue Face. So far very happy with service and support. One thing I noticed is that if I am making a call using my DECT phone (plugged into LinkSYS wireless router) I am able to make a second call using the softphone on the PC. I presume if I had other DECT handsets I would also have extra "virtual" lines.

One thing I haven't quite figured out and which may not be possible is how to join an ongoing call from a second phone. The other day I was upstairs on my PC, a call came in and I answered it on the softphone. Without hanging up had to go downstairs for something else. As I had my DECT phone nearby I tried to continue the call but when I picked up I was getting a dialing tone. I would have liked to be able to switch to the active call. Is this possible ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭sirlinux

You would have to transfer the call to your own (blueface) number using the transfer button on x-lite or the flash/R button on your dect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Inad

Actually, this turned out to be a reincarnation of the softphone, DECT phone conflict that Jimmy Smith was describing on a different thread. Got a second account created for the second device just now. Blueface support very responsive indeed !!

Advertisement