Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Online Banking

Options
  • 25-11-2005 4:51am
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Trying to access my account through AIB Online Banking but getting this error:
    Technical difficulties have occurred. Please try later. (Ref: 2033)

Anybody else experiencing this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

this happens sometimes carol, will be back in a few hours my guess

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

It can be a bit patchy at night. From 3-5 or something. I think it's because they do maintenance/back-ups then or something. There's some kind of explanation on the AIB website.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭cianr

Can you guys tell me how you find the AIB online banking service in general? Ive always been with Ulsterbank but I find that their online service is nearly impossible to access unless I access it from home. I used to work in Shannon and I could never access it from there and now Im in Spain and am having the same problem! Im thinking of moving to AIB if the online banking element would work - have any of you had any problems? have you tried accessing it from abroad?

Thanks! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

cianr, you have said your location (and thus geoip) were variable.
    but one also assumes that your browser was variable.

In consideration of daveirls dismissal of the former one must conclude that latter is the crux.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭cianr

Never had any problem logging in to AIB from places around the world.

Thanks for that Daveirl.
    cianr, you have said your location (and thus geoip) were variable.
    but one also assumes that your browser was variable.

In consideration of daveirls dismissal of the former one must conclude that latter is the crux.

Yes the IP would have been variable. I'd imagine it would different any time I log in at home(we do not have static IP).

As far as the browser is concerned, I've always used Internet Explorer to access it but without success anywhere apart from my home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

i can never access it between 3am and 5am...

it used to be 24hour-online.ie
    but it wasent 24 hour... so instead of making it 24 hour they
    just renamed the site to internetbanking.aib.ie

slack!! i work shifts and 3-5am is not an unusual time for me to
    do my bill paying etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭poxon

and here we are with aib, nearly 5 years have passed and their system is still the same, every day... very very anoying...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭miss5

Hi, This has happened to me twice usually quite late at night.
    If it continues you should call them Carol.
    I have used phone banking with them which is a good service
    free of charge.

http://www.aib.ie/personal/online-services/Phone-Banking

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

poxon wrote: »
    and here we are with aib, nearly 5 years have passed and their system is still the same, every day... very very anoying...

Every online application requires downtime,whether it be daily,monthly or yearly.
    I assume AIB use this offpeak time to facilitate systems updating

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,910 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

poxon wrote: »

And was it really necessary to drag up a 5 year old thread to post this?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement