Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bassist wanted

Options
  • 25-11-2005 2:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭

Creative bassist wanted for a 3-piece rock band located in South Dublin. We have our own practise space in which we can make as much noise as we like. Living in or near to South Dublin with transport would help considerably.

We’re aged 18/19 and we’re looking for someone in the 17 – 20 age range who can play well. We practise every Sunday and extra days during college holidays, so we need someone who’s committed and not going to either back out at the last minute, or not show up at all. Obviously having your own equipment is important

Our influences are very wide; Led Zeppelin, Smashing Pumpkins, Thin Lizzy, Radiohead, Pink Floyd, Queens of the Stone Age, Dream Theater and many, many more but we’re not trying to sound exactly like anyone.

Our sound is quite unique and often changes, so we’d preferably like someone who can adapt. Ability to write your own parts a must have skill (We don’t want to end up telling people exactly what to play all the time). Ability to write songs would be a plus but is not essential.

Pm me, email me at Cillians@gmail.com or reply to this thread if you're interested!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Up ya go! There's gotta be someone...I hope

For the love of God, this is getting pretty bloody annoying. Given this stage, I'm actually not too pushed about ages any more unless you'd have something against being in a band with 18/19 year olds.
    In hindsight, 17-20 limit's a bit narrow. I thought we'd be able to get someone in that bracket, and that would've been cool, but it's obviously not going to happen.
    If you're a decent bassist, enjoy the kinda music we like (not limited to that music only, of course) and wouldn't have a problem with our ages, drop me a line and we'll have a chat.

*disillusionment*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Kennington

Hey I would be interested, drop me a PM

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭dbs_sailor

if you're still looking i might be interested. i'd need to hear your style or get a jam + find out where bouts in south dub you're based?

Yep, still looking at the moment! Any recordings we have at the moment are pretty rough so I'll have a chat with the rest of the guys about whether they'd want to put them online (I'd be more inclined to go with a jam, myself. Live is best!).
    At the moment we're practising in Sandyford Industrial Estate. We'll be moving out to Ballymount at some stage, but we should be in Sandyford for a while anyway (We were told to be out by January 1st. Then January 16th. Then the end of February. Given this, we're gonna stay there until we're actually told that we can't stay.)

Thanks for the replies!

• Advertisement

Bumperstein, one more time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

;)

:p

Advertisement