Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd Hand Book Stores in Dublin

Options
  • 24-11-2005 9:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

I have assembled a hit list of books to buy and read, can anyone recommend some good quality second hand bookstores in Dublin?

I am searching for contemporary novels; such as Tom Wolfe, Bret Easton Ellis are but some.

I am familiar with Greenes (near near Merrion Sq.), and Blackrock 2nd Bookshop - any others?

Suggestions and locations are extremely welcome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 browneyes

chapters on middle abbey street is really good.it same side as the side entrance to easons and down towards mary st. also small shop on same street just around from supermacs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

You could try Oxfam Books on Parliament Street too...I keep meaning to go there and to Chapters but havent had time

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

readers on georges street in Dun learoie

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

There's also an Oxfam books in Rathmines. And also the Rathmines Bookstore could be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Redmon

Thank you all for the suggestions. That should set me up for Xmas.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Pinx

Redmon wrote:
    I am familiar with Greenes (near near Merrion Sq.), and Blackrock 2nd Bookshop - any others?

There's also Blackrock Market at the weekends - they often have book stands there. I'd also recommend the Readers Bookshop in Dun Laoghaire as mentioned above - it's great. I used it a lot last year when I was working in the town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Mordecai

Readers is probably the best bookshop i've come across in ages, in Dún Laoghaire

Advertisement