Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Musical Meeting

Options
  • 24-11-2005 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭

I'm thinking of trying to organize a musical meeting somewhere in Dublin. This is to get all the single Talent to show up with there Instruments and just see If maybe a few bands can be formed, Contacts be made, Ideas and talents expressed. All in favor say "I". What yeah think? Just thought I'd post this suggestion and see what response it gets. So if you can play, Sing, need a member or what to start a new band then post here If interested. If the numbers after a week are good we can set a date.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 CURLY KAREN

I'm in favor of the idea! It's brilliant! At least you get to see people!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

2 things to consider, and would be a make or break

1: age groups
    2: Musical styles

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭tosh_thedude

Yeah good point, but we need the intrest so come on people, If your bored of your old band Or need members to Sing or Play post here and we'll organise something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭OLP

I'd be up for it, but finding somewhere to do it could be hard, 14 year old bassist, any style.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭smog

Excellent idea, good luck with it dude

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭tony stark

Im interested-age 25-a.b.m-anything but metal

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Brother A

>I'd be up for it, but finding somewhere to do it could be hard, 14 year old >bassist, any style.

Well, if Tosh can't find someone's house to jam in or whatnot, there's lots of rehearsal rooms in the City.
    (Average price -> 55 Euro for 4 hours.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Maccattack

Potential disaster there.

Imagine everyone turning up with their amps and drums etc. Itd be mental.

Better off meeting up without instruments before hand, just a casual meeting over a few beers.

Or at a push, limit instruments to acoustic guitars and hand drums/tambourines etc.

I'm only trying to generate Intrests across the board, I only ment People turn up 2 chat, It will be a socail meeting to form Ideas for Bands, never stated people to bring Instruments, that would be madness.....

I'm thinking of trying to organize a musical meeting somewhere in Dublin. This is to get all the single Talent to show up with there Instruments and just see If maybe a few bands can be formed...

• Advertisement

Maccattack wrote:
    Potential disaster there.

Imagine everyone turning up with their amps and drums etc. Itd be mental.

Better off meeting up without instruments before hand, just a casual meeting over a few beers.

Or at a push, limit instruments to acoustic guitars and hand drums/tambourines etc.

Ok, Acoustic Guitars and a Sax is on thing, But you Said AMPS and Drums.... Come on, lets be serious for a minute..... People arent Stupid.

are you sure abou that??

Well you didnt specify. anyway, its a good idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Clown

Sounds interesting. 15 year old Glam bassist (I'm pretty sure I'm the only one in Dublin:p )

Advertisement