Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless VOIP phone

Options
  • 23-11-2005 8:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭

Hi,

Just a few questions if someone could help. I recently signed up with Blueface, and have to say so far they are the bees knees!!! Looging to port my eircom number over shortly, as I have wireless BB, so bye bye eircom!!!

Anyway, my questions:-

1) I have a linksys wirelss router/ata set up, curently with my phone line plugged into it. My phone line is also has a self monitored alarm on it, so this may help explain what I want to do!!. Can I have two voip devices (one for example being my ATA, and the other being a proper voip phone) connected to the same number/account.

2) Using my ata with a normal LL phone connected to it, how do I use call waiting and threE way calling (conferencing effectively!!).

Sorry if the questions are obvious, but I cant see anything on the blueface website, and while thier customer support is excellent, I've been plauging them with different questions and queries over the last week, and dont want them issueing a barring order!!. If its a straight forward answer, I dont what to hassle them any more than I have done so far!! (Such a difference to eircom, I'm afraid I'll wake up!!).
    Regards,
    Wexfordman

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭WillieFlynn

wexfordman wrote:
    1) I have a linksys wirelss router/ata set up, curently with my phone line plugged into it. My phone line is also has a self monitored alarm on it, so this may help explain what I want to do!!. Can I have two voip devices (one for example being my ATA, and the other being a proper voip phone) connected to the same number/account.
    Check that your alarm will work correctly over the VoIP link, before ditching Eircom fully.

Blueface will allow you have a phone number point to multiple sip addresses. Your account page (under the PBX option) allows some of this type of thing to be setup yourself (I haven't yet played around with it).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭wexfordman

The alarm works fine with the voip line so no probs there, only concern I suppose is that if power fails, no phone line, unless I get a chap UPS for my router!!!

Anyone able to tell me quickly how I transfer and conference using my ata ?

Thanks,
    Wexfordman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭aaronc

wexfordman wrote:
    The alarm works fine with the voip line so no probs there, only concern I suppose is that if power fails, no phone line, unless I get a chap UPS for my router!!!

Anyone able to tell me quickly how I transfer and conference using my ata ?

Thanks,
    Wexfordman
    http://www.blueface.ie/support/callfeatures.aspx

Aaron

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭wexfordman

Thanks Aaron,

Your working late!!!

Regards,
    Wexfordman

wexfordman wrote:
    Thanks Aaron,

Your working late!!!

Regards,
    Wexfordman
    Yep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

If you are going for a wireless sip phone avoid the zyxel 2000w. I don't have any recommendations for a good handset all I can say is that one of those zyxel has driven me up the wall tonight.

Asok wrote:
    If you are going for a wireless sip phone avoid the zyxel 2000w. I don't have any recommendations for a good handset all I can say is that one of those zyxel has driven me up the wall tonight.
    I'd second that and add the Hitachi to the list. I haven't tried the Cisco but the general feeling around about current generation WiFi handsets in gerneral is that the technology is still 12 months away from "working" at which stage it will probably be available in GSM/3G/4G handsets anyway.

Aaron

Advertisement