Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

K8T800 chipset and Radeon X700 AGP problems

Options
  • 23-11-2005 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hi,
    I recently bought a KV8 Pro motherboard (based on Via's K8T800 chipset) and a Radeon X700 AGP card, the 256mb model and have been having awful problems getting them to work together. When I load the latest (v5.11) Catalyst drivers for the X700, windows crashes between the boot splash and the 'Welcome' screen. I tried uninstalling the drivers, using Diver Clean to make sure everything was gone, and installed the 5.5 drivers, which work slightly better but will eventually crash the system after a few minutes. I've tried manually adjusting the AGP voltage, turned off fast writes in the BIOS... everything I can think of.

I'm now beginning to think the card may be faulty. Has anyone else had similar problems with this chipset/card combo, or should I send the card back to Komplett? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

What power supply do you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭reitoei

I have a NorthQ silent 400w supply... should definitely be plenty

Rma the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭reitoei

Yeah, just sent the RMA request through. Are Komplett usually cool about this kind of stuff? I've never had to send goods back to them before.

Dont know never had to send stuff that was still good for a warrenty back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

what brand is the card? What about rma'ing directly to them?

Advertisement