Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Days

Options
  • 23-11-2005 2:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone seen this ? Amazing film.

Dark Days, a ground breaking documentary from British director Marc Singer with a moving soundtrack from DJ Shadow, shows a way of life that is unimaginable to most people.

The film focuses on a group of homeless people that live deep underground in an abandoned New York City railroad tunnel. During the daytime they scavenge for food on the streets of New York. At night, they retreat to the tunnel where they have built homes out of scrap metal, plastic, and plywood. They have electricity, furniture, and working kitchens, not to mention community, comradery, and the support of each other. Some of them have lived in the tunnel for 25 years.

5.99 on play.com - I highly reccomend.

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=srmr&page=title&r=R2&title=97132

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭rahim

Sounds interesting, must check it out. I love a good documentary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Juggalo

I actually saw this in Laser, a little over priced in there. I think I'll get it only 5.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Yep, great documentary, did you see the extras how he explains how he funded it? Worth a watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Gordon wrote:
    Yep, great documentary, did you see the extras how he explains how he funded it? Worth a watch.

Nope, aint watched any of the extra features as of yet.

Advertisement