Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin...For Free!

Options
  • 22-11-2005 9:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭

I'm skint at the moment and wondered if anyone had ideas for fun, interesting, weird, or unusual things to do or see in Dublin for free (or at least very little dosh indeed) either for evenings or weekends?

Nothing too outdoorsy seeing as it's freezing cold outside! :)

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

All the Museums and Galleries around Merrion Square are free and they are quite interesting if your into that kind of thing.. I personally could walk around them all day.. I find them fascinating.. The National Gallery on Merrion Square has a lovely restaurant inside too so you can have lunch there if you want..

The Pheonix Park on a bright day is quite nice too, theires a visitors centre just off the main route through it but I think there might be a cover charge in there.. You could also take the CIE Tour of the city, dont think that costs much and it goes through the park..

Take a drive up to the Hell Fire Club... Its just up past Knocklyon up the Killakee Road, theres a big car park and you just follow the dirt track up the mountain and theres a great view of Dublin... Or you could just drive to Viewpoint which is just a further 5 min drive up the same road where you can get a similar view without leaving the comform of your car...

Take the Guinesse Tour.. Think thats cheap enough and you get a free pint at the end in the bar, which overlooks the city...

Cant think of anymore off hand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Kazibums

I'm skint at the moment and wondered if anyone had ideas for fun, interesting, weird, or unusual things to do or see in Dublin for free (or at least very little dosh indeed) either for evenings or weekends?

Nothing too outdoorsy seeing as it's freezing cold outside! :)

Free Audience tickets (eg. Panel, Brendan courtney show), stand-up nights(~10tenner in), ......neither weird or wonderful.... or could set up a self-help group "Looking for something different to do on a saturday night Anonomus", nominate yourself cult leader, decclare your abode a republic.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Plastic Scouser

Thanks for the suggestions so far. Some good stuff. I haven't been to the museums in town for a while, and I'm sure they're worth another visit. Audience tickets could be cool too.

Advertisement