Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

spyaxe nightmare HELP!!!!

Options
  • 22-11-2005 4:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭

can someone tell me how to remove "SPYAXE" from my computer. I have tryed to uninstall it and have gone through regedit and removed as much as it will let me. there is an icon down the bottom right that keeps telling me my computer is infected with spyware when i click on it, It brings me to the spyaxe webpage. Can someone please help ????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

These guys look like they've got rid of it...
    http://castlecops.com/postlite138871-spyaxe.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Had this problem last night very nasty virus! I managed to sort it out on Xp Pro heres how. This info assumes you have windows 'System Restore' enabled
    1)Plug out your network cable.
    2) Restart your machine and as soon as the screen comes to life tap F8 repeatedly.
    3) Choose to start windows in safe mode.
    4) when you enter safe mode it will ask you if you want to use 'System Restore' choose Yes (in this case I think choosing no actually enables it).
    5 Restart your machine and as soon as the screen comes to life tap F8 repeatedly.
    6)Choose to start windows in safe mode.
    7)System restore pops up - choose to system restore.
    8)The machines restarts and you enter system restore.
    9) Choose a restore point 4/5 days back or more if your machine has been giving recent trouble.
    10) Machine now good.
    11) Use your virus scanner and have a good clean if needed.
    12) Open Internet Explorer and go to tools>Internet Options>Delete Cookies also delete 'Files'
    13) Plug in your network cable download Ad Aware free edition and clean off any garbage.
    14) Thank your lucky stars for a close shave. Say a prayer of thanks to gods and to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭robo

Thanks Kmick, I used your solution and it worked for me. Everything seems ok now. Did you find anything odd or missing after a few days on your PC?

Anyway, just thought that I would let you know that I found your solution helpful ;)

Advertisement