Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nail Gun and Compressor

Options
  • 22-11-2005 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭

Howdy,
    Any you guys have experience of using air nailers for finish work? I'm looking for a rig that will drive 50mm nails max. Initially I'll be using it for making about 100 feet of picket fence but I can see it being used for a lot of interior trim work next year.

What do I look for spec wise? and any ideas on how much it will cost?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭gerkiely

Do you already have a compressor?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Fingalian

Nope don't have a compressor.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I just bought a Senco finish nailer complete with compressor from the US 110v
    Do you want a Nailer as opposed to a Brad nailer?
    I think that a Brad nailer would be more suitable for the likes of architrave and skirting rather than a nailgun suitable for nailing together Picket fencing.
    The Paslode IM250 is probably a better choice for outdoor work.
    I paid a couple of hundred including postage from the states and probably will be hit with duty when it arrives but I feel that it will be worth it when dealing with all the interior trim in the house next year...
    Bostich have some good models and the complete rigs including comp. run about €500 here in the rip-off -rep:)

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dogg_r_69

DeWalt were doing a promotion lately for their 25 litre compressor, hose & 18 gauge nailer. It's a finish nailer As far as I can think the pins are 1.2mm nails The nailer takes pins from 16-50mm Not really much use for fences but I think they other deals on for the compressor and bigger nailers I'd have to look at their catologue but I think the price was €350 or about

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Fingalian

Thanks for the info men, I'll have a look at the Dewalt rig. Paslode, is that the gun that Tommy Walsh uses in those DIY programs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Update, Nailgun and Compressor arrived today I managed to run it off a 500w 220v-110v transformer that I have so the draw isn't huge.
    I tried 1 and 2 inch brads and TBH as long as you put in enough they are plenty strong enough for a picket fence.
    I saw one on ebay in Germany for around 250 including postage this was a 220v model as well.
    Nails/brads are cheap €5 for a 1000 so shoot away!
    I can feel the skirting and architrave becoming a whole lot easier...

Advertisement