Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is There No Interest In Pop Music (and I Don't Mean Britney & Co) Anymore????????????

Options
  • 21-11-2005 4:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

I'm amazed at the amount of messages between you ROCKERS!!! I wonder if I'm the only one here that wants to sing other stuff. (Am I in the wrong forum?) Don't get me wrong, I have a very wide taste of music and I used to loooove Megadeth, Guns n' Roses, The Ramones and even the harder stuff like Iron Maiden, Halloween, The Gathering, Anathema (I was very much into symphonic metal and saw a lot of bands performing) but... Even though I still listen to it from time to time, I don't see myself singing it. These days, I still love rock, but I also enjoy pop music. What I see myself singing is a mixture of the two. But it seems as if I'm on my own here...
    C'mon, I'll sing anything, as long as it's good. Have a good voice and have the right look, believe it or not!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

ah come on now karen, do ye think your the first one to mix pop and rock? foo fighters?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭maccor

if you mixed rock and pop would you get roop?

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭tosh_thedude

You wouldnt get away with singing pop in a bar in Dublin, Unless it's karaoke, and even thats rough to stomach. Fact is that there isnt any point in singing pop because Rock's much more appreciate among the 18+ audience!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Tuitser

You could also call it Pock!!

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Brother A

Madam, I refer you to my thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054846411

which has been embarassing me for some time now, re. Abba, Wham! ... :D

There's a few of us 'poxing' (popping + rocking ;) ) the boards, but not many.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭deaddonkey

I like the kinks. Are they pop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Beer is Life

What kind of pop music are you refering to if you dont mean Britney and the likes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭micromegas

By pop music do you mean Talulah Gosh/Heavenly, Aztec Camera, and The Housemartins?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 CURLY KAREN

Pock...Rop? What I mean by pop/rock is something in between obviously. For example, don't know if anyone knows 'Jewel'. Wouldn't call that pop but it sure isn't rock either. Would you call Bruce Springsteen pop or rock? I think it's a bit of both.
    I think Tosh Thedude, you're probably right, Dublin only has an interest in Indie bands, whatever the hell that is.
    So I might not have to change my mind about what I like, but about what I'm going to sing!!

Would you call Bruce Springsteen pop or rock?
    neither, i just call him boss;)

• Advertisement

Smartie pants!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭JohnnyRoyal

I'm looking to set up an originals band, in the likes of the wannadies, the magic numbers, hal, Bell X1, even, catchy fast songs, female & male vocals, inventive harmonies, inventive songs and lyrics, not going to be prancing around in lycra but not going to be screaming Death Satan Goats Blood Ugh down the mic either.

Influences....yeah many!!
    Experience....yeah lots!!

Age 26, looking for similar minded souls around the same age too, who are looking to do something similar, serious but want to have a bit laugh along the way, cause the best thing about being in a band is'nt the music, you could make the music on your own in your bedroom, but wheres the fun in that!! its about being in a band, having a laugh , sharing the music, bouncing ideas of each other.

So if ya fancy female vocals for this, or anyone else out there want to contribute, the more instruments you play the better, violins cello's , pm me about it!! Age, instrument, whereabouts (i'm in Dublin) maybe influences or anything else!!

Nice,

Later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭tj-music.com

I'm amazed at the amount of messages between you ROCKERS!!! ...

I know what you mean. I've been trying to form a pop/electro duo for quite some time now but although I am thinking Royksopp or Faithless people obviously think Jason Donovan and don't answer :(

• Registered Users Posts: 31,829 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

mcfly and son of dork are the best pop bands on the land

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Clown

Hey if we are talking about pop rock why has no one mentioned Bon Jovi?

Well, I like Bon Jovi too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Devinho

According to Hetfield Metallica's 'black' album was pop.

Is Nick Cave a pop artist? If he isn't then what is he?

Dev

I don't worry about it too much, to be honest. I don't really care what you call it, I know what I like to sing is not exactly rock... IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE WHO WANTS TO START A BAND???? AAAARGH!

• Advertisement
Advertisement