Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to Limerick

Options
  • 21-11-2005 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I've recently moved to Limerick (Working in Shannon) and am wondering about a few things..
    1- Best Pubs
    2- Where to join up some Astro league football
    3- night courses ?
    4- Good seafood places (I love to Cook)
    5- And finally when are all the limerick Boards members going to have a session :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

1- Nancy Blakes - If you like crowds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭radioman

What kind of pubs are you into?

For indie pubs Mickey Martins in Augustinian lane (just off Thomas Street) is good, as is the Wicked Chicken by Taits Clock. Costelloes and termites for the indie clubs, although Termites is for the indie posers really

Astro football is at UL arena and Moylish, I'm not sure if the Night Owls league is still running

Night courses: http://www.clvec.ie/

Rene Cusacks shop on Alphonsus St (next door to dolans warehouse) is where all the seafood you need hang out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Thanks all,
    Ya nancys has been my local haunt so far although too busy on Saturdays..
    I'm much more into live music than clubs too.
    I've already been to Termites which was an interesting place (Don't know if i'll go back there..though lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

http://www.dolanspub.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 snackatack

Thanks all,
    Ya nancys has been my local haunt so far although too busy on Saturdays..
    I've already been to Termites which was an interesting place (Don't know if i'll go back there..though lol)

The Green Room at Trinity Rooms do an open mic sessions on Tuesday nights. That usually gets a crowd in.

Riddlers have regular bands play upstairs.

If you like bands have a look at www.theamc.net

• Advertisement

Thanks for the link snackatack Wednesday night it is then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

1- Best Pubs
    I second Dolans
    Also the polish bar is good craic [cheap beer and hot women]
    Scots is great if you live on the SouthSide

lit and UL are your best bet's

3- night courses ?
    Also try
    www.lit.ie
    www.lit.ie

Thanks guys for all the tips ..think i'll check the Polish place out tonight...
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭jonski

Hi all,

A mate of mine plays in the night owl league , meeting him tonight can get some more details if you like .

Please do I'm dyin for a game ..I came back from Auss after playing two seasons there and am gettin fat as (the guinneas is great!!! :D )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Souness

fat as what?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Hi all,
    I've recently moved to Limerick (Working in Shannon) and am wondering about a few things..

Welcome to Liemrick
    1- Best Pubs

Dolans and the warehouse. You can get good bands in the warehouse and tickets to go in are cheap enough. also during the summer, either Clohesseys on Bishops quay, or the Locke bar.

I'll pass that one on to someone else as i don't know I'm afraid
    3- night courses ?

Limerick VEC produce a booklet on these, it should be availible in most newsagents around the City, or the VEC themselves might have one, you will find their number in the phonebook.
    4- Good seafood places (I love to Cook)

Theres a place on the Dock Road that can order any seafood your looking for, think it is up near Dolans also.
    5- And finally when are all the limerick Boards members going to have a session :D

I would like to organise one after the Christmas, if anyone is interested in one in mid January, name a date (preferrably at the weekend) and suggest a venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

irishguy wrote:

LIT has gotten bigger since I was there :)

Thanks guys this is great stuff...I ended up actually going to Mastersons Pub last night...nice spot for a quiet one..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭RPGGAMER

rene cusaks down on the dock road in limerick for fish. the milk market every sat morn has great oysters. hes the french fella on the right of the main square. All the main supermarkets have good enough exotic fish (seasonal) perch from lake victoria africa, monkfish, tuna, oysters(not as good as the ones from the french guy though) mussells, and so forth.

i know nothing of the pubs as i do not frequent them. and no restaurants stand out in limerick(IMHO)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭sioda

Pubs: Dont forget Souths and Sextons great pubs and after rugby venues.

Fish wise Rene Cusacks is closed on the dock road so sadliers fish shop on roches street and Rays Place on Parnell street are great for fish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Rene Cusacks has moved aroung the corner to Alphonsus St. I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭jonski

Please do I'm dyin for a game ..I came back from Auss after playing two seasons there and am gettin fat as (the guinneas is great!!! :D )

Bah ! did a rebuild on my pc and only got back on there a while ago , I met him last night and he told me to tell you to come along to a game they were playing at castletroy college Tonight @ 7-o-clock , but it's too late now , sorry , but you can take it out on this pc and my personal lack of tech knowledge . I will find out when they are playing next and where .

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭Haket

> Also the polish bar is good craic [cheap beer and hot women]

This still the case ?, I've been a couple of times recently and its been a saussage fest, and a little rough.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Souness

Looking for a pub in Limerick with two or more pool tables for work pool night. McGregors and O'Riadas I know. Where is the Wild Geese pub? Any others in city centre area?

• Advertisement

jonski wrote:
    Bah ! did a rebuild on my pc and only got back on there a while ago , I met him last night and he told me to tell you to come along to a game they were playing at castletroy college Tonight @ 7-o-clock , but it's too late now , sorry , but you can take it out on this pc and my personal lack of tech knowledge . I will find out when they are playing next and where .

John

D'oh missed your last post ...please let me know when your playin next and i'll be there..i'm online most days 9am-5pm

Advertisement