Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bogus Charities

Options
  • 21-11-2005 1:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Does anyone know who too complain to about obvious bogus charities. I've been rang twice in the last month by "different" english based charities looking for my support. They both claim to support Irish charities, the one that just rang me there was for the childrens research fund in Leinster, looking for me to advertise in a calendar. They act so sweet and i was nearly fooled the first time but eventually coped. I have the registration number she supplied so I want to check it up and confront her when she rings in a couple of days.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

AFAIK, all irish charities have to register with the Revenue Comissioners, so that might be a place to start.

Advertisement