Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marty Whelan - Good Move or Insane Brain?

Options
  • 21-11-2005 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭

Should Marty stay on 2FM's breakfast show or not?

I won't bias you with my opinion just yet :)

Martin Whelan is... 14 votes

...not suitable for 2FM's Breakfast Show
    0% 0 votes
    ...suitable for 2FM's Breakfast Show
    57% 8 votes
    ...Atari Jaguar
    42% 6 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Marty Who?

I suspect he may be becoming a bit of a cult. I said cult.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Marty is certainly an improvement on his predecessors, (how MS Scott is holding down the drive time slot escapes me). Marty is very much geared towards the Terry Wogan type audience which would not be a youth audience but the again nobody really expects 2fm to be a youth orientated station, do they?

I think he's doing a good job, some of his links and interaction with Shane (i,m not sure they get on) can be a wee bit caustic but I think thats more an effort at injecting humour into the show than anything intentional.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

I was on with marty the other morning in a quiz and he was TOTR...I didnt win tho, some spanner from carlow did me on a tie break!:mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Marty is a misunderstood genius. Hes like having ur grandfather on the radio. He shudnt be entertaining but he just is. I dont know why tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

I find it hard to listen to 2FM of late. So a move to 2FM for marty would be doing me a favour to be honest. as long as he stays off any station i happen to listen to then I'm cool with wherever marty wheelan goes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Berkel

I think he's fine on it but the one thing that p*sses me off is when he slips into his pompous ye olde english accent which happens at least every 10 minutes! I dont even think he is aware of it - He had some Harry Potter competiton on last week so he was in his element!

Tally ho!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Cloud wrote:
    I won't bias you with my opinion just yet :)

Ah but you already have with your phrasing. 'good move' should be coupled with 'bad move' not an emotive phrase like 'insane brain'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

He's a great guy, great presenter, but the oft-overlooked problem: He's too old! 2FM is supposed to be a youth (yes, yoof!) station.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

marty in the morning has made me leave 2fm
    today fm now

i last did this when that moron ryan tubardy was on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Luka

Marty is a legend!

He's sounds great!

• Advertisement
Advertisement