Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A second Jackass movie?

Options
  • 21-11-2005 12:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

Paramount's new studio president Gail Berman wants to boost its output of comedies, one of which will be a sequel to MTV's 2002"Jackass the Movie" with the hopes of it hitting theatres Holiday 2006 reports Variety.

Source: http://www.darkhorizons.com/news05/051102b.php

I didn't know this it all. I can't wait. I loved the first one.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I loved the show and the movie but I think it's a bad idea. Jackass should be a thing that is kept fresh thru remembering the show for the uniqueness it had at the time and youthful vigour of the characters involved. It should just be 'a moment in time' kinda thing not something that's kicked around like a dead dog until people get sick of it.

A sequel just smacks of laziness and 'lets cash in. Plus when you consider most of them are either in their 30's now (or at least damn close to 30)and Knoxville gets $5m per movie nowadays it just seems like it'd be kinda pathetic watching them still going on like 'jackasses'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 LivingDead

That's a great point. The show left with a bang and it will be remembered for what it was. They don't really need to cash in with a sequal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 therichniceguy

I don't see whats wrong with a little more jackass content! I'm all for it :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Rnger

the son of jackass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

What would be pretty cool is a prank war, similar to the one already shown on viva los bam, or whatever its called, have the crew from that show, against the rest of the jack ass crew.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Nimrod's Son

Jackass seems seriously tame these days compared with Dirty Sanchez. A sequel is a mite unnecessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

no point in it. clearly it's just that they're not getting any work (apart from knoxville and bam)...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

watched the first film on tv there last week and it was very funny. loved it. Don't really think there is any need at all for a sequel. Leave it as it is, a great show to be looked back on for what it was at the time. Too many things get over killed these days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

no point in it. clearly it's just that they're not getting any work (apart from knoxville and bam)...

Viva La Bam has just been cancelled so... just Knoxville!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

The whole point of the movie was to go out on a bang.
    They knew it would go stale and knew when to end it.
    Hopefully money doesn't change their mind

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭BrenC

I liked the movie when I saw it first, I think they should leave them alone though, they finished well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

NoelRock wrote:
    Viva La Bam has just been cancelled
    Really?! Cool :)
    Bams show never really worked for me... it's always just the same people involved... his mother pretending to be surprised as Bam breaks a 50c cup against the wall. :rolleyes:
    "Oh noe! You built a skate-park in a house we most likely don't live in anyway!"
    Big yawn... they needed more public displays of idiocy.
    Like that Jackass stunt where they had a fake coffin falling out of the back of the herse... the public reaction was brilliant :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Really?! Cool :)
    Bams show never really worked for me... it's always just the same people involved... his mother pretending to be surprised as Bam breaks a 50c cup against the wall. :rolleyes:
    "Oh noe! You built a skate-park in a house we most likely don't live in anyway!"
    Big yawn... they needed more public displays of idiocy.
    Like that Jackass stunt where they had a fake coffin falling out of the back of the herse... the public reaction was brilliant :D

Spot on mate !!!!

Advertisement