Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Costa Gavras

Options
  • 19-11-2005 6:42pm

A director I thought should be reccomended to those who havent heard of him or his films.
    Famous for controversial political thrillers such as 'Z' Missing and state of siege.
    He has a style all of his own once you pick up one of his flicks you will be itching to see another.
    Z especially is outstanding, think it won the oscar for best foreign pic in '69.
    also teams up with mikis theodorakis on the sountracks for those of you into that , reminds of the combination of Leone and Morricone.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I watched 'Le Couperet' the other day and thought it was rather weak. I think the only other of his films I've seen is 'Amen' which was a lot better.

Find Z, watch that, then form your opinion on him........

Advertisement