Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funk/Soul bands??

Options
  • 19-11-2005 6:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

With the exception of Flash my Frankensein, is there any funk/soul bands on this site? It seems metal and indie are a dime a dozen these days (NOT THAT THERE'S ANYTHING WRONG..BLA..BLA). It's been a while since i heard a band who know how to concentrate on letting the vocalist shine (I'm a guitarist/backing vocalist fyi). Guitar solos can be great or drum/keys solos-whatever but with a lot of the bands' demos it souds like they ALL want to be the focus of attention ALL (or most of) the time. I dunno, maybe it's just bad producing but i when i listen to most of these demos i ask myself "What am i supposed to be listening to here?" as i just can't concentrate on many of the songs as a whole. That's just my opinion, i'd be glad to get any contrasting/comparitive opinions

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭BME

yeah dis is us: www.santoria.net

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 TD

Yeah i know exactly what you mean about all the metal and indie bands out there. I like your idea of a band that concentrates on really good vocals. I've been trying to put together a band lately with a drummer i know. We're lookin for a really strong vocalist and funky guitarist. But there doesn't seem to be many out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭tj-music.com

"In the old days" people were working on songs TOGETHER in an effort to make great music. Nowadadays it appears that each individual in a band wants to be a solo artist, a star. Huge egos can certainly kill a band.

Advertisement