Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McGinleys SC in Letterkenny

Options
  • 19-11-2005 4:30pm
    Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭
    byte

What's the story with McGinley's massive shopping centre on Pearse Road? At least, I assume it's McGinleys?

Has work stopped indefinitely?

Seems a shame for such a massive project, which is pretty far advanced, to have stopped. I would have thought it would be a fine complex if completed. Terrible waste, and lost out on Christmas shoppers now too (I notice signage says Opening Autumn 2005).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

*shrug*
    I prefer McGinleys at the other end of the mainstreet TBH.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

*shrug*
    I prefer McGinleys at the other end of the mainstreet TBH.
    Heh, yeah, late shopping in there too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,873 ✭✭✭✭muffler

byte wrote:
    What's the story with McGinley's massive shopping centre on Pearse Road? At least, I assume it's McGinleys?
    Heard a story from a fairly reliable source that McElhinney's (of Ballybofey) are to open a new store there

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭0lordy

muffler wrote:
    Heard a story from a fairly reliable source that McElhinney's (of Ballybofey) are to open a new store there

I had heard that that was in the pipeline too but hadn't connected it with McGinley's. Interesting...

byte

Yeah, well stories regarding McElhinneys were mentioned in one of those free Letterkenny papers a month or so ago. Though, I didn't connect it with McGinleys massive place.

Not promising, if McElhinneys is all is gonna be there :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 LKLad

Originally they let it be known that Roches stores were their anchor but that seems to be bluff.

Mc Elhinney's need to get in to Letterkenny with all the clothes stores opening up. It could be a fantastic store, 40000 sq foot over two levels with a view over the low lying areas.

Perhaps it has implications for their Ballyboffey store so they won't announce anything yet.

Putting in the glass today, hoping to have some of it finished by xmas. The retail park seems to have gotten all the good tenants though.

byte

Oh, so development hasn't stopped then? Ah thats good.

anyone here anything new?
    apparently construction has stopped till after xmas.
    seems to be no rush

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Heard lots of rumours of difficulties in getting tennants and especially that Roches have pulled out so no anchor tennant. The place is gettign a bit overdeveloped retail wise.

byte

I'm surprised that there is issues getting tennants, considering its prime location and close proximity to main street. Unless the costs for the retail spaces are restrictively expensive or something.

• Advertisement

Any more news on this?
    The place looks very quiet.

byte

No, no activity in there in quite a while.

On an aside, what's that new place they're thowing up beside McEwens? I was told it's the new Dunnes Stores, but I'm not sure.

It's the last part of the retail complex.
    Dunnes are the anchor, Homebase as well.
    Have heard rumours of Mc Elhinneys taking a couple of units as well as several big UK names. A mate of mine works in a legal office and he heard something about Marks and spencers as well so all in all they are flying.

anyone here that a new hotel is planned on the site where the garage is now?

Advertisement