Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Insurance Question

Options
  • 19-11-2005 4:07pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 933 ✭✭✭

I recently renewed my car insurance with AXA, Im paying for it monthly. Is it possible to cancel the insurance because I want to get rid of the car?

I dont want to end up paying for the rest of the 10 months.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭CCOVICH

You can cancel it, I don't think that the penalty will be too large (if any). It's fairly common for people to cancel policies.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Yea just cancel the Direct Debit,if you have the policy booklet read it I am sure it will be in there.Different company's have different policy's,I am taken a case against a insurance company for not refunding me a years fee...they are quoting policy its in the booklet etc,but I am going ahead anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

i stopped paying my direct debit they sent letters saying they would canel my insurance some time later a letter came saying insurance cancelled and a cheque for money owed

Advertisement