Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teds to reopen tonight

Options
  • 18-11-2005 1:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Not sure if it will have the same name though, but its opening night is tonight.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭zachler

Great, married men have some place to go with their secretaries again.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,196 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The hairy chest, gold medallion, tan line on the wedding ring finger nights are back. :D

Seriously though, that place was ok especially when you were locked. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭sioda

Thank god and about time somewhere to escape the 17 year old drunken eejits which populate the other clubs in this city. Except Costellos which rocks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭radioman

Costelloes is definitely the best club in town, don't tell anybody though!

Teds was always okay but it was grab a granny some nights in there. It had asshole bouncers too, but then again doesn't everywhere. Pity the sports bar isn't back that was great on a Saturday afternoon for football.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,196 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Well did anyone check this place out over the weekend?

Are the same old Ted heads there or are they after a more younger crowd?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭Haket

Not yet, all the Teds crowd headed to The Bank upstairs (went once, oh good jeebus, never again). Teds used to be a laugh, once you ignored the leery old men :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

They havent even changed the carpets
    Recognised one of the barmen aswell
    ****ing timewarp :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Teds has closed and reopened everytime the owner goes bankrupt.
    I wouldnt be surprised if its the same owner again.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭keevita

id go check it out, but im the wrong side of 40...being all of 21 years of age. anyway, i think we should be glad that there is a place for people of all ages in limerick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

Is the 'Ted' still around ? ...... or alive ? ..... I remember seeing him there now and then some years ago (when I was 5'ish!!!!) ..... one night I tipped the Piano Player a bundle to keep playing 'My Lagan Love' :D and drove everyone nuts :( ..... I was a bit of a wild child I guess :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭sioda

Was there Saturday nite of Sweet Mother of Jesus. Would a tin of paint gone astray i mean the place was mank and they got rid of the couch area up the front and dont even get me started about the smoking yard up the back stairs. I take back my previous comment except the piece about costellos

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭styer

that place hasn't changed at all, still the same carpet, recognised some old faces... they could of spent a few bob and do it up abit....

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭John2002

hobie wrote:
    Is the 'Ted' still around ? ...... or alive ? ..... I remember seeing him there now and then some years ago (when I was 5'ish!!!!) ..... one night I tipped the Piano Player a bundle to keep playing 'My Lagan Love' :D and drove everyone nuts :( ..... I was a bit of a wild child I guess :cool:

He's alive and well and owns Matt the Thresher's in Birdhill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

He's alive and well and owns Matt the Thresher's in Birdhill.

that was Tony Ryans, of Ryanair fame, at one stage if I rem correctly? .....

thanks for that John ...... do you happen to know if the 'Big Fella', Roger 'P' of Nellies fame, is still walking around ..... did he run a Restaurant/Bar on the other side of the river from Killaloe (Ballina) ? ..... :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Airblazer

radioman wrote:
    Costelloes is definitely the best club in town, don't tell anybody though!

Teds was always okay but it was grab a granny some nights in there. It had asshole bouncers too, but then again doesn't everywhere. Pity the sports bar isn't back that was great on a Saturday afternoon for football.

it still has them..Emmet the tosser still works there for the upstairs bar..small guy on the main door is dead on and used to work at the Old 1/4.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭John2002

hobie wrote:
    that was Tony Ryans, of Ryanair fame, at one stage if I rem correctly? .....

Hadn't heard that, it's possible though. There's a very big ranch belonging to him AFAIK on the back roads between Newport and Nenagh.

Advertisement