Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Godzilla movie??

Options
  • 17-11-2005 7:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

I got the weekly message on my phone about cinema release....

New Releases 17-11-05.....1) GODZILLA

Is this a mistake or what?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

No, they've re-released the original 1954 Gojira movie, this time without the Raymond Burr footage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Cool, thanks guys! Would be very interested in seeing it actually. Any good?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Everyone go watch the trailer.

It rivals the Da Vinci Code for worst trailer ever. (But it's not the Da Vinci Code trailer so it wins there)

It's more like a promo than anything with a godzilla roar and no footage. I'd like to see a small trailer at least but still would be tempted to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭StonedParadoX

how was the 90's godzilla a flop?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Is this going to be on in normal cinemas? I'd definitely go and see it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭pearsquasher

I saw it this weekend.

It's absolutely amazing - a real gem and its no exageration to say it's as poigant as "All Quiet on the Western front" in terms of what it says about war/disaster etc.

Seriously, i was expecting a B-movie and had my creature-feature hat on. It becomes clear thoiugh that this film is really about Nuclear holocaust and man's ability to destroy on a large scale. The monster thakes second place to the fact the it was created by man's misuse of nuclear technology. The anti-nuclear messages obviously come in the wake of Japan's experiences with the A-bombs but it doesn't blame America in some right-wing way but is rather a moving testament to humankinds capacity to destroy itself. There's even scenes of Americans coming in to help them and you get sense that the director wanted to show that Japan being the victim should allow her to show the way for peace and non-prolliferation of nuclear arms.

Go see this film.. unlike most hollywood monster/disaster films, it says a lot about global huiman issues. At the same time the monster side of things is ecellent and you can see a lot of it must have inspiredmany films since. the action is scarey and the destruction is massive. i found mself thinking of 9/11 and the tsunami distater watching this... it really captures the unsensatuonal calamity of it all really well.

10/10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

wow, i really didnt think that much of it, the acting was pretty dodgy, the effects were pretty damn cool considering the time.
    The Main female character was really annoying and couldn't act at all.
    About war and all that was cool enough I guess.
    It was really interesting from a mecha point of view though, it certainly influenced alot of mecha, if your into that definately go see it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

What cinemas are showing this movie?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

i saw it in the ifi

Advertisement