Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nestors

Options
  • 17-11-2005 2:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

was in nestors with the boys last week. 3 euros a bottle of bud/wkd/smifnoff/bacardi breezers etc bicardi & coke 5 euros. is this a weekly thing or was it a once off?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Its been like that for a long time
    3 euro pints there 2

• Registered Users Posts: 51,196 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

snackatack wrote:
    was in nestors with the boys last week. 3 euros a bottle of bud/wkd/smifnoff/bacardi breezers etc bicardi & coke 5 euros. is this a weekly thing or was it a once off?

Its been like that since around the end of August every night of the week(including Saturday night). It also includes pints and shots.

The only thing is that they have limited types of shots i.e. mostly vodka, southern comfort, etc.

It has now become my local. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Big thumbs up to Nestors. Was there last night, good craic.

Makes you wonder though that if they can offer these cheaper drinks and still make a profit, what sort of profit are the other pubs making? Hopefully Nestors may pressurise other pubs around here to lower their prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭gaf1983

another thumbs up to nevada smiths- €2 for a pint of foster's..... although there's a good reason why they're only €2 - I was in there about 10 days ago and I reckon I'll be lucky if I shake off the hangover by next Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 51,196 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I remember when Nestor's first started charging €3 for a pint people were looking at their change but said nothing incase it was a mistake made by the bar staff. Was in Clohessy's the other week and paid €4.20 for a pint. A bloody disgrace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭sioda

We should count ourselves lucky was in Dublin Monday nite 5.10 for a pint of the black stuff and this was in a pub at 4 in the afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

sioda wrote:
    We should count ourselves lucky was in Dublin Monday nite 5.10 for a pint of the black stuff and this was in a pub at 4 in the afternoon

Yea its a disgrace alright but we have an ever increasing amount of bars having €3 a drink nights its been on in barcode since last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 snackatack

but i think the difference in nestors is that its every night, only some places do a 1 night thing etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Msfc

does there be many students in there during the week? because am so sick of goin to mollys...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Msfc wrote:
    does there be many students in there during the week? coz am so sick of goin to mollys...

Was there last Tuesday night, and there was a good few students, there was an LIT class party downstairs. I was there again this Wednesday night and there was only a few students, mainly people in their late 20's and older seemed to be there that night. Wednesday night is a fairly quiet student night of course.

I haven't been going there enough to say whether many students frequent the place, but with those prices, i'll happily carry out further investigations!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Souness

McGregors on Ellen Street also E3 pint Mon-Thurs, pool tables down the back!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭sioda

Nestors only attracts tough students ones who can walk more than a few blocks to a club :-)

Advertisement