Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IP phones

Options
  • 16-11-2005 9:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭

Is there any reason why one wouldn't go for a cheap as chips Grandstream Budgetone 101?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭TimTim

Personally I wouldn't use it as it looks like a phone you'd find in a barbie dollhouse. Can't think of any other reason why not though.

Personally I'm trying to get my hands on a Cisco 79xx IP Phone and link it to an asterisk box at home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Maybe the pictures don't tell the full story, but it looks like any ol' phone to me:

bt100_small.jpg

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Perhaps if you ever wanted the option of cordless phones in the future, if you get the IPPhone you'll have to get a whole new phone...if you get a ATA you have nothing but choice when it comes to the type of phone you can use :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

I can't see a cordless phone being a requirement in this particular case. IP phones also support 3-way calling, which I believe is not so easy to get working on an ATA.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭TimTim

Oh I must be thinking of a different modem I've seen. Its very white with oversized clear plastic buttons.

cdccont_0900aecd80311be3.jpg

I'll take that one. *Hint hint if anyone here works for cisco* :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement