Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BlueFace Special, Business offering & new control panel

Options
  • 16-11-2005 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭

Opps! hadn't refresed page to see Cabaals post first.
    Mods can delete this..

I've been hearing the ads on the radio but now they have updated the site.
    Unlimited Irish calls for 6 months for €99 and free netgear TA612V router/ATA.
    http://www.blueface.ie/

Control panel has been updated to give forwarding on busy, no answer and new voicemail options.;)

Small business offering too.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I've deleted my post :)

Blueface have adverts on the radio?
    I guess this is what happens when you don't listen to the radio ;)

Business plan seems very good tbh, and I especially like the 99e offer.
    I have yet to figure out the PBXGUI https://www.blueface.ie/customers/pbxgui.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

I've noticed they it looks like they try to log incoming calls too (they have an icon for outgoing calls and both called and caller details) but it doesn't seem to work for me. Still though, it's great to see this kind of stuff going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭amby666

Yeah, they have good v's evil battle with Blueface defeating the line rental. Only heard it on one station. Have 2 say I was a bit confused, even after a few times hearing it. Says something like - sign up now, receive 6 months calls for free.
    I didn't (honestly) know what they were on about. I always receive the calls for free - it's making them that costs money!! I don't know why they didn't say make calls free for 6 months!
    Then when I see it on the site, it says the hardware is free...

Anyway, still a good deal, and a nice easy way for someone to get into voip.

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭RedRooster

I thought it would be very easy to create a new website locally and test the PBX GUI thing. I did manage to change my VoIP password/pin from the soft phone and it was reflected correctly in the PBX pannel.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,037 ✭✭✭✭unkel

I guess they ran out of routers...

Available again next Wednesday, November 23

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭KeithMur

Hi

I was just wondering is the netgear router locked to blueface or can you use it with other voip providers

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

I've noticed they it looks like they try to log incoming calls too (they have an icon for outgoing calls and both called and caller details) but it doesn't seem to work for me. Still though, it's great to see this kind of stuff going on.

The call History also seems to log unanswered calls, which is cool.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

The PBXGUI is now working for me which is great as I'll be without net access for the best part of a month at home and it'll be great to be able to easily forward calls to my mobile :)
    KeithMur wrote:
    Hi
    I was just wondering is the netgear router locked to blueface or can you use it with other voip providers
    Regards

None of their previous hardware has been locked to them so its unlikely the Netgear is, although if you really want to be sure I'd suggest you e-mail blueface at support@blueface.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

may be i'm just being dumb... i am still trying to understand how the PBX GUI thingy needs to be setup...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Hi

yes the Netgear router is locked to Blueface, that's why the low price and also the offering in that plan, 6 months free call plus an 076 an a Geographic number.

I wonder if the PAP2 is also locked to them?

Regards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 twentyfive

nava wrote:
    Hi

yes the Netgear router is locked to Blueface, that's why the low price and also the offering in that plan, 6 months free call plus an 076 an a Geographic number.

I wonder if the PAP2 is also locked to them?

Regards

Hi

I rang Blueface, they told me the Netgear ta612v is not locked to them, I also asked
    1. Can the user configure the 2nd phone port to a different voip provider?
    Ans: YES

2.After 6 months ,can I simply go PAY AS YOU GO and keep the local number and the 076 number given to me with this offer?
    Ans: No, you have to subscribe to one of their monthly plans to keep them.

And anybody already using this might tell more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

You only get the geographic numbers on the subscription packages. If you are on PAYG you can be contacted at your extension. ie. someone calls blueface, enters your extension number, it goes to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭RedRooster

Has anyone figured how to use/save the Unavailable and the busy sections in the PBX panel?:v:

I see the Netgear router is now back in stock and blueface have christmas decorations now :v:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

twentyfive wrote:
    Hi

I rang Blueface, they told me the Netgear ta612v is not locked to them, I also asked
    1. Can the user configure the 2nd phone port to a different voip provider?
    Ans: YES

HI

I was going to get one but contacted them by e-mail last week and they said the below.
    blueface wrote:
    Yes the netgear router - being free in the special offer - will be locked to blueface.

Regards,

No sure if that's only for line 1.

Regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭aaronc

nava wrote:
    HI

I was going to get one but contacted them by e-mail last week and they said the below.
    No sure if that's only for line 1.

Regards
    There has been a bit of confusion but I can confirm at this point in time Blue Face aren't locking any hardware. The Netgears were originally going to be locked but this is now not the case and the login details will be provided on request.

Aaron

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭dubadubdub

Blueface have an offer of a Netgear TA612V ATA and six months free calls in Ireland for 99 euro. Sounds good but does anyone have any experience of the Netgear ATA? Can you set the QoS?

I'm going to merge this with the main thread covering this offer
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054850706

• Registered Users Posts: 65,037 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Cabaal wrote:
    I see the Netgear router is now back in stock and blueface have christmas decorations now :v:

Yep, ordered on-line Friday night, 25th November and received router Thursday morning December 1st

Set it up when I came home on Thursday and rang Eircon$$ first thing this morning to disconnect me. 10 year dream come true :D
    The call History also seems to log unanswered calls, which is cool.

:cool: it is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭WillieFlynn

Cabaal wrote:
    The PBXGUI is now working for me which is great as I'll be without net access for the best part of a month at home and it'll be great to be able to easily forward calls to my mobile :)
    Blueface also offer a Dublin number which you can call through, so you can keep getting cheap international calls. (Just ask them for a PIN).

I've just told someone in work about this, so she will start using them soon to call home (China) rather than normal calling cards. I think that if a 076 and a uk 056 was also avalible it would increase the appeal of this service to anyone outside of Dublin.

Broadtalk seem to be trying something similar except it doesn't work...... One of the access numbers is a freephone one (with a 3c surcharge per minute), this could be handy for some people if the want to call from work.

• Advertisement
Advertisement