Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how NOT to water cool your pc.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Haha, LOL :v:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

yes ladies and gentlmen, it is a hose pipe thru the cd drive to fishtank the pc case. he is lucky he was not killed..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Dundhoone

Methane powered pc anyone? cats and dogs in series? lol

Fair play to the guy for holding our so long .. its hilarious.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

Just cheered me up something savage:D

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭BeatFreak

That has to be a troll. If it's not that has to be the most ill informed person on the planet... RFTM springs to mind...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Ye, i reckon thats bull****e. No one is that stupid.

""I teach woodwork technology, technical drawing, building construction and computer applications.""

He teaches all this and he doesnt no that water kills electronics.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

He practically admits it was a joke later in the thread :rolleyes:
    Kramer is also a member here, ask him if you're not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

That thread was a big deal on that forum, sure it nearly has 1/2 million views....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Yeah it's been doing the round for years, I'm pretty sure that he was just taking the mick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭themole

true or not funny though.

and yes, unfortunaly some people are just that stupid, just lookup the darwin awards.

or videos of people doing stupid **** as seen on numerous sites

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭jm2k

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

even if he used oil, but come on water, even a 4yr old knows water and live juice dont mix.

i thought that sounded good :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Funny stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

Interesting story, and I might add a great joke, I certainly hope it was a joke.

Anyway while on the subject of watercooling, what method would you recommend? I know someone who used my idea for watercooling and he got some decent results. Coincidently we both came up with similar designs.
    The systems where the same except I was using solvents as a coolant. Basicly a mixture of volitile liquids like propanone (acetone), chloroform or any other combination of liquids that will give a nice low boiling point. The liquid would boil at a low temperature and turn to a gas, like in a fridge. and would circulate to a condenser (the fins on the back of your fridge) which would radiate away the heat keeping your system quite save for the HDD, PSU fan and the coolant pump. The latter could be silenced. I was planning on building such a system but have no intentions of trying it out on any expensive gear. It just would not be worth it.

On another note. For an AMD Athlon64 X2 what silent (water or large heatsink) cooling would you recommend? And could it be extended to cover the graphics card and maybe the HDD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭Malafus

Anyway while on the subject of watercooling, what method would you recommend? I know someone who used my idea for watercooling and he got some decent results. Coincidently we both came up with similar designs.
    The systems where the same except I was using solvents as a coolant. Basicly a mixture of volitile liquids like propanone (acetone), chloroform or any other combination of liquids that will give a nice low boiling point. The liquid would boil at a low temperature and turn to a gas, like in a fridge. and would circulate to a condenser (the fins on the back of your fridge) which would radiate away the heat keeping your system quite save for the HDD, PSU fan and the coolant pump. The latter could be silenced. I was planning on building such a system but have no intentions of trying it out on any expensive gear. It just would not be worth it.

You mean a thermosyphon? Like this: http://www.overclockers.com/tips1215/ ? Except there's no pump required.

Advertisement