Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International Number Transfer Help?

Options
  • 15-11-2005 2:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭

Hi

Can anyone with any phone info help me on this please?

I am moving to live in Thailand, I got a small business in Dublin which I am going to work from thailand. work is done by phone and email.

I do not want people to know I am not in ireland.

I want to keep my Dublin business land line if possible. I will not have an office in dublin anymore. so I was thinking how can I get this number to divert to thailand.??

another idea is that I get a "virtual office" in dublin, where they answer phone in my company name, and then they email me messages, and I can call back from land line or from Skype out. But Skype In do not have Irish Skype numbers available yet!!!

So I am not sure what to do.

Any expert ideas or help would be greatly apperciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

If you have a VoIP service you will be able to have a dublin number but log in form anywhere in the world to receive and make calls. Blueface give out Dublin numbers, you can even port your existing number to them.

I am not sure if they would have an issue with you logging in from Thailand but you could contact them and see. www.blueface.ie

MrP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭Millionaire

Thanks

I emailed them, and so far they say Yes they can do.

Got to see can I keep the number I have.

So in theory it seems that I can have an Irish Number, and once I have broadband, and my laptop, etc...I can work from anywhere in the world???

They must be like an Irish skype?

sorry I am not technical hence the basic questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

So in theory it seems that I can have an Irish Number, and once I have broadband, and my laptop, etc...I can work from anywhere in the world???

Yes! Isn't technology great.
    They must be like an Irish Skype?

Blueface use a slightly different technical protocol than Skype, but the idea is the same. And being Irish they have somewhat cheaper calls to Ireland as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

THe other thing is that Skype is not true VoIP. Well, it is voice over IP but is uses a protocol specific to Skype.

Blueface, on the other hand, uses SIP which is a worldwide VoIP standard and as such should be compatible with other VoIP services.

MrP

Advertisement