Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My bios has given itself a password!

Options
  • 15-11-2005 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭

Have a dfi-nf4 sli-dr with an opty 144, pc crashed running prime so i went to up the voltage and my bios tells me i need a password. I never touched the bios password part. Can anybody help me. Is there a way around this? Why did this happen?

I tried dfi-street but it wont load for me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Removing the Bios battery for half an hour or so will lead to a bios reset (to default).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

Blank the bios by removing the battery it will set it to default
    Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Do i need any special tools for this? Will it just click out. Why cant I find anywhere about somebody else having this problem? Where are my pants?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

Clicks out you push the silver little tap at the top out and it will lift itself slightly just pick it the rest of the way theres alsoa jumper on the board it should say where it is in the manual
    Pete

LoL i know where the cmos jumper is. Thx for the advice, ill try it tomorrow.

While im here what does it mean when while running prime or stressing the cpu if your system just rebbots, no errors or nothing. Temps never gone over 38 with storm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

krazy_8s wrote:
    While im here what does it mean when while running prime or stressing the cpu if your system just rebbots, no errors or nothing. Temps never gone over 38 with storm.
    It's generally not good. Those temps sound nice though!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,974 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

krazy_8s wrote:
    LoL i know where the cmos jumper is. Thx for the advice, ill try it tomorrow.

What power supply do you have?

Ocz 520watt. All lines close and never waver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

krazy_8s wrote:
    pc crashed running prime so i went to up the voltage and my bios tells me i need a password.
    That's some amazing AI... it's as if the motherboard knows you're trying to kill it :D

"AAAHHH... why was I programmed to feel pain?!!"

I know.........its sitting over there taunting me.

And wizzard I would have thought 38 under load for wc was bad

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Not with an opteron.... Those things are like sandwich toasters when OC'd !

Found out why my pc was re-booting for no reason, turns out I had too many applianeces on the one socket!!

Only found out when i was blareing music on my 5.1 home system with an active sub and 2 lamps and it just kept re-booting every 10 minutes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭shanethemofo

rofl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

One socket can do 13 amps you know ???

13 amps x 220 volts = 2660 watts

You were hardly using that much power ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

It's the flux capacitor that really drains the power...

Every good overclocker has one ;)

6*120 mil fans, 50 z pump, 2 raptors, 2 Drives, 1* 250 gig drive, A crap but powerfull dvd player with 400 watts of speakers off the amp, an 70watt active sub( that makes 2), monitor, Desk lamp, Standing dual halogen lamp, 2 decks and a mixer.

13 amps x 220 volts = 2660 watts

Its a good figure but I have done electrics and in reality my amp was probably drawing 800watss, pc about 600watss plus the rest.

You need to take into account have efficient whatever appliance is a using electricity

Plus one socket is just on a line with 2 or 3 other sockets spread around your room and maybe another. And my house has a really bad wiring job on it. (the other socket beside me leads into my next door neighbours.

Advertisement