Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amma in Dublin

Options
  • 14-11-2005 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi - just wondering if anyone out there got along to meet Amma for darshan in the Basketball Arena in Tallaght over the weekend? I spent virtually all of Sunday there and loved it - arrived at 10am to realise I was No. 1300 in the queue for a hug, but stayed and also volunteered to help out with the food service that evening. A spiritually recharging weekend! It's fantastic that she's managed to make it back so soon after her last trip in 2004. Looking forward to many more visits!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭solas

no, havent been but I've heard of her. I'm curious to know how was the hug :) and is it worth waiting for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭turbot

I was there both Sunday evening and all of Monday evening right through to Tuesday morning.

Overall, it was pretty fantastic and I met some really nice people and feel really good for having gone.

- Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭positron

I was there from Saturday evening to Tuesday mid day - but since I was working helping the organizers, to help anyone who wanted a lift, so I wasn’t there most of the time! I was at the stage with Amma a few times, but mostly outside and driving.

That was an amazing weekend! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭solas

if there are any return visits planned, would you let us know sometime before hand?

Keep a reminder in phone/outlook to check http://www.ammaireland.org/ around end of August / early October next year!

• Advertisement

Apologies for not posting this earlier here, Amma is here again - National Show Centre, Swords (near Coachman's inn) - yesterday and today.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Dagon

Sorry to resurrect this but...

According to the website, amma was only in Ireland on Wednesday 15th - Thurs 16th November

Now I'm after reading that you guys got to see her on the weekends as well :(

Man, I was lookin forwar to seeing her for aggges. Then I started a new job in Galway and couldn't make it on the 15th and 16th...

But according to what you've said, I could have gotten to see her.

Why didn't they put that on the site? And how did you guys know about it?

Well, the first few comments in this thread is a few years old. The 2005 visit was a weekend and this year it was Wed and Thursday.

I have been told that the next years visit is probably in October than November!

Digging up an ancient thread, but hopefully this will notify / mail everyone - Amma is in Dublin again today and tomorrow - National Show Centre near the airport - details on the website etc.

Cheers.

Advertisement