Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What aspect?

Options
  • 14-11-2005 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭

Im just wondering what different aspects of modifying cars people are into?
    Do you like tuning/cosmetics/ICE/Interior/retro or indeed all of them?

Personally its Ice and interior for me.On the current car i started with a retrim on the inside before i had even bought alloys,then i moved onto the sounds and kept it like that untill i decided to work on the exterior.

Performance isnt a big factor for me,id be as happy driving a 1litre corsa with a sweet interior and 150+ Db's of bass as i would driving any other car.

Im not a fan of OTT show car styling where the car has to be hauled around on a trailer and never see's the road but whats everyone else into?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,386 ✭✭✭ando

When I bought my first car it was all cosmetics, I turned my standard Focus into a really attractive (in my opinion) car by doing bits up here and there, but now as I've gotten older its all about speed. I still like doing bits here and there on cosmetics but I'm doing it nowhere near as much as I did before. Having a good looking car is not enough for me nowadays ;) it has to be able to GOOO!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

gone right off the whole scene - modifying for me is a trip round B&Q/Woodies and doing some work around the house at the weekends!

how priorities change!

having said that I still like cars and like to have a nice comfortable car. But gone are the days of kits/resprays/big installs etc, and welcome the days of OE styling and a decent h/u and speakers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Prefer the performance side of things. You won't improve the designs of professional engineers with spoilers, neon and stick-on carbon fibre, IMO. I want to make sure the mechanics are as good as they can possibly be and it will go when required.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Performance > Ice > Styling

In my opinion there is no point modifying a crap car - get something decent before spending money on it. A crap car modded is still a crap car. Overdoing it on Styling when you have a small engine is a waste. People style their cars to make them look more desireable. Desireable cars are usually performance cars. You won't see Ferrari or Lambo bringing out a radical looking car with a 1.4 litre engine...

Personally I'm very much into my music so ICE is important to me, but SQ (Sound Quality) is far more important than SPL (Sound Pressure Level - Loudness). Spending crazy money on a system that sounds **** is idiotic and far too common.

The reason the car modifying scene has such a bad rep in this country is cause it is generally associated with scumbags who have no taste and spend 10k nackering up their micra with a 1.1 litre engine and a dirty big exhaust.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

I started off with styling the car, the usual alloys and Full Bodykit.
    Now i am starting to concentrate on the interior.

I have got new shiny mats, gear knob and gaiter plus chrome surround. Also fitted my radio and 6x9's, have started to spray some of the interior but still have to finish it.
    Next will be to put in some decent speakers and an amp

• Advertisement
Advertisement