Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Daze

Options
  • 14-11-2005 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭

Its going to be three days this year. Wohoo an extra 24 hours with an excuse to drink.:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

fabulous. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Wohoo, lots of time to drink with ****e all place to drink, due the the stables now being even more packed then it already was!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,501 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Everyone can drink at my house! But BYOB.

YAY! Wheres your house! You comin to boards beer on wednesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭keevita

what are the dates of the daze? how come we now have 3?? im so glad i quit my job....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

The 6th 7th and 8th its a tuesday wednesday and thursday. We should get the SU to open the scholars for the 3 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

im not sure that i'm so enthusiastic...
    it's 3 days where you have to buy €10 tickets into the Stables IN ADVANCE :eek:
    what sort of piss is that??? its a monopoly over crushing.... at least you could be guaranteed of a big crowd but breathing space in scholars before... sniff sniff sniff...there is only one option this year - the stables - which will probably be sold out miles in advance and be fairly darn packed anyway. me no happy :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭gaf1983

im not sure that i'm so enthusiastic...
    it's 3 days where you have to buy €10 tickets into the Stables IN ADVANCE :eek:
    what sort of piss is that??? its a monopoly over crushing.... at least you could be guaranteed of a big crowd but breathing space in scholars before... sniff sniff sniff...there is only one option this year - the stables - which will probably be sold out miles in advance and be fairly darn packed anyway. me no happy :mad:

ah yeah but the €10 is for charity probably and it also means we're getting drunk to save the world.

on the subject of the scholars closure, I suppose christmas daze would be the perfect time to protest about that in the form of a sit-down, cans-in-the-courtyard protest.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,501 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

gaf1983 wrote:
    on the subject of the scholars closure, I suppose christmas daze would be the perfect time to protest about that in the form of a sit-down, cans-in-the-courtyard protest.
    I would say 'hell yeah', but it would be a bit too cold. Perhaps bonfires aswell? But it should be proposed this for rag week at least.

After a year and a half i think ill be havin my first pint in the sports bar for Christmas Daze cause lets face it 80% of us will not get into the stables

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭IceHawk

gaf1983 wrote:

Protest against what though? It's not as if the college chose to close the place. The proprietors pulled out of the college, and they're not going to be annoyed by a load of students sitting down outside in the middle of December. The only people who could be affected by a protest are the stables, who won't be, because the stables is going to be full regardless of how many people decide to 'protest'.

Anyway, UL student have a proud tradition of apathy. We can't just throw that away by going around trying to change things. I'm thinking of starting an apathetic persons club. We'd have weekly meetings, which nobody would attend, and we'd occasionally talk about doing something, but nothing would ever come of it. Who's with me?

possible partay in our gaff sometime(s) during teh Daze...makes more damn sense.

acourse, there will be plenty of other partys around but twill be a boards.ie party :)

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭keevita

im definately with you on the apa....eh, i cant be bothered finishing that senten..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Does anyone know if Groody Bar will be open in time for Christmas Daze?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭budthedub

Ah crap, I can't go to any of the christmas daxe thingys....... I'm so annoyed. I'm only in UL for the year coz I'm doin the dip and those three days I've presentations......... AAAAAAAAAgggggggggHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭BraveheartGal

are the tickets sold out already?

and ditto on the question bout groody bar...

are the tickets sold out already?

and ditto on the question bout groody bar...

Groody Bar opens the friday after xmas daze which kinda makes no sense. Oh well

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭budthedub

Sure isn't everyone goin home that fri after xmas daze?!? no sense at all....... stables will be packed!

Does anyone when then Final of Karaoke on? cos i'm in the final and haven't picked a song yet......... oh dear!

budthedub wrote:
    Ah crap, I can't go to any of the christmas daxe thingys....... I'm so annoyed. I'm only in UL for the year coz I'm doin the dip and those three days I've presentations......... AAAAAAAAAgggggggggHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

TBH Xmas Daze is mostly just 3 days of drinking. Rag week is far more "organised"

christmas dinner peter bai!

• Advertisement
Advertisement