Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Insulation for a partition wall

Options
  • 14-11-2005 11:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭

Hi, I built a partition wall between a bedroom and a lounge yesterday (plasterboard witha wooden frame) and I am about to put up the second side of the partition (ie seal it) and I want to put in insulation. I was going to use normal polystyrine (sp) but is there anything better for this job?

This is for soulnd proofing and also for heating.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

joejoem wrote:
    Hi, I built a partition wall between a bedroom and a lounge yesterday (plasterboard witha wooden frame) and I am about to put up the second side of the partition (ie seal it) and I want to put in insulation. I was going to use normal polystyrine (sp) but is there anything better for this job?

This is for soulnd proofing and also for heating.

Rockwool (or similar) would be a better bet - especially as they make a specific insulation with higher sound proofing capacity. And you can totally fill the gap - it's slightly compressable - so no air pockets to act as drums!

Not much point in the thermal insulation because there will be very little temperature difference between the two rooms anyway.

Advertisement