Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have NTL Digital anyway to record?

Options
  • 13-11-2005 7:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

Due to being in an apartment, I've had to go with NTL for the TV, but i really wanted Sky+. Is there any way to achieve the same thing using NTL. Wondering if anyone has had any success with a Tivo / Recorder of any kind and was it easy to setup.

Thanks for any info.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Its in a different price bracket, but I have Windows Media Center setup with NTL Digital and it is truly class. PM or look around here if you want more info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭posiedon

Had a look at Microsofts site, and it does look pretty good alright. But it does a lot more than I need at the minute and so it would be a bit like the dell ad where the guy is playing solitaire on the mamoth pc his kid built him :)

I just want a Tivo for NTL, nice little box that just sits there and I never have to touch it. Don't know much about it yet, although from looking online, it seems NTL are going to eventualy have their own option, but that could be years away still!

Thanks for th info though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 cav0909

Ntl hav a dvr (dig video recorder) box out, its really cheap, like 5 euro a month extra w free installation....and you can record, pause live tv just like the digibox....also got more memory than the digibox!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,540 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

cav0909 wrote: »
    Ntl hav a dvr (dig video recorder) box out, its really cheap, like 5 euro a month extra w free installation....and you can record, pause live tv just like the digibox....also got more memory than the digibox!

See here for details:
    http://www.upc.ie/television/digitaltv/extras/dvr/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

cav0909 wrote: »
    holy 2 year old thread batman!

• Advertisement
Advertisement