Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Name that film...

Options
  • 13-11-2005 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭

Can someone tell me the name of the film where this guy does an experiment to see what it's like to be on death row and admits himself to prison. But the governor of the prison who organised it with him dies and nobody else knows that he's not meant to be in prison. So he gets sent to the electric chair and they switch it on and he dies of a heart attack but only because of fright because the y didn'r really switch it on and the governor of the prison didn't really die. He just wanted to make it as real as possible for the experiment. But the guy died anyway...

Anyone?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Did this need to be posted in 3 forums (and counting)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

I deleted 1 and I tried the after hours before I was pointed in this direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Did you try looking through Google...I remember I had an obsession with finding out the name of a film recently and google sent me to a forum where a similiar lost soul was seeking enlightenment on the wonder of The Sheriff and The Satellite Kid.

I have and I fear it may drive me insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,483 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Sounds more like a Twilight Zone or Outer Limits episode to me. Are you sure it was a movie?

• Advertisement

Pretty sure it was a film. An old one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

You couldn't have maybe left out the spoilerific ending?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

I think you are thinking of Face/Off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Face/Off is nothing like the description, apart from being in a prison for part of the film.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Just re-read the description there, last time only got as far as "nobody else knows...." and assumed it was face off. Damn me and my lack of etiquette.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭captain P

That sounds familiar to me but I've no idea what it is. sorry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

The Sheriff and the Satellite KID!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Saviour_Angel

This sounds like it's from the Outer Limits...
    The guy from "Fraiser" who's Frasiers brother is the main charactor...
    Tall skinny guy..
    He invents a virtural dream machine of sum kind which make the user think he's really there...

It's been a while since I've seen that eposide but it sounds exacly what your discribeing...

Advertisement