Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wordpress Problems

• 13-11-2005 1:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭

Everytime I try visit a wordpress blog I get this message.
    It doesn't look like you've installed WP yet. Try running install.php.

When I click install.php I get this.
    Not Found

The requested URL /wp-admin/install.php was not found on this server.

Anyone have any ideas as to how I fix this?

Also, when I try make any changes to a Wordpress blog project deelie, I get this message.
    Sorry, you need to enable sending referrers for this feature to work.

I've followed the instructions on how I do this, but to no avail. I'm using Firefox 1.0.7. Anyone have any ideas here either?

Just thought this would be the place to go. If anyone can help me, I'd be very appreciative. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

are you sure that you've uploaded the directory structure exactly as it is in the extracted zip file?

Try browsing to yourblog.com/wp-admin - see if the folder is there, verify everything with an ftp client if you can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭RagShagBill

I've done no such thing. It's a Wordpress.com one as opposed to a wordpress.org one. I was of the belief that this way it's more like Blogger. I'm completely ignorant to the whole lot though, so I'm probably wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Contact wordpress.com's support team.

Don't forget - its' a free service.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

blacknight wrote:
    Don't forget - its' a free service.

The support?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

I've had a similar problem with wordpress.
    I edited the config page and uploaded everything but am still getting the same error as above.
    Just to check, the MySQL name is the one you would use to log into ftp (or with a programme like ws_ftp), and the password is the same. What about the database name?
    I uploaded all the folders within the wordpress folder and it didn't work, then I tried again with everything including the wordpress folder, and still no joy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

flogen - that depends on your setup / your host's setup
    Normally the mysql username/password and database details aren't the same as the ones you would use for FTP, but as I said that would depend on your setup

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

ah right, cheers.
    I'm using godaddy.com, I guess the best thing to do would be to e-mail them and find out!

Advertisement