Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COMPETITION: Win a copy of "Limerick - A Stroll through Memory Lane Volume 5"

Options
  • 12-11-2005 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭

OK I have been ranting and raving about these books since they came out. and now I'm offering the visitors to the board the chance to win a copy of the latest edition of this book, which contains over 100 pictures of Limerick City which were taken in the mid 20th century, when most of the well known landmarks you see around the city didnt even exist. It is a most interesting book to have, and if you want to give it to someone for Christmas, it would be a great present for someone who would remember what Limerick was like when they were young.

To enter the competition all you have to do is write a piece of prose, of about 300 words, about your earliest memory of Limerick City. It can be about any memory, whether it be your first St. Patrick's Day parade, or if you were present when someone famous came to Limerick, or anything that you can remember.

The Rules

Anyone can enter. For this competition I will be allowing those with moderating abilities over the forum to enter, as none of the moderators will be deciding the winner.

On the first week in December, I will create a poll giving a choice of all the entrants. and it will be You, the ordinary punter, who will pick the best story. The one with the most votes will win.

Entrants ARE NOT ALLOWED to vote for themselves. If they do, they will be disquallified.

The voting will be public to ensure that entrants are not voting for themselves. and it will be one man one vote.

The closing date for the receipt of entries will be 30th November 2005.

All entries are to be posted as replies in THIS THREAD. comments about entries should be posted in a new thread, this thread is for entrants only.

If you have any questions then feel free to drop me a PM.

So get writing and good luck.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭radioman

* sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

well the last competition involved people having the ability to either scan photographs, or have a digital camera

not everyone has a digital camera. so onlike a photo thread, you don't need any special equipment to enter. now i suggest you read the first post about keeping this thread free of comments.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement