Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

install problem... missing menus

Options
  • 11-11-2005 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭

This is wired...

I have installed and played CoD on my pc before.. but that was a good few months ago and in the mean time i had uninstalled it, i got alend of the deluxe edition from my mate with CoD and CoD UO,,,,, and for some reason when i start either game the main menus are missing ... i know where the buttons should be but there not,. even when i click on the start button the game trys to load and then i get a screen pop up but i cant read what is says cos the txt is missing,,,

I have uninstalled and re-installed the game 3 times on each game,

anyone got any ideas..... I was thinking it might be my graphics card but as i said it worked before,,, and I have BF2 and it plays that no problem...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Probably not much help, but have you tried patching either of the games?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Defrag your HD the icons are in the PAK files which are huge and get fragmented fairly easy.

Disk Check too full one should fix it.

Enable console to see what files arent loading on the menu will have some error beside them in the console.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭NeVeR

i'll give that a go when i get home.. thanks.

KdjaC wrote:

Enable console to see what files arent loading on the menu will have some error beside them in the console.

kdjac

how do i do this,, no idea what this is...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 ***Truss Rod***

I had a problem like this a few months back that stumped me completly.
    The game had been installed perfectly before and I had made no hardware changes to PC.
    I had to do a clean build of XP so went to reinstall COD. Installed fine, no errors. Go into the game and no menue for Continue game,options or anything. You just had the picture backround of the tommy gun. When you moved mouse over where the text should be you woul hear the click noice and you could navigate ito the other screens but with no text.

I did everything to try fix this to no avail, I even bought the game agian as I thought my CD's were feked. Same thing.
    I ended up swapping my DVD drive for a spare, used the original COD disks and the game installed perfectly!
    The original DVD drive works perfectly and still works grand, except with COD.

This was the wierdest prob Ive ever had to figure out for games and it still stumps me why my Philips DVDRW does not like the disks all of a sudden ,even though it had installed COD before.

Odd stuff, may be of help to you!

• Advertisement

Yea thats the problem i have,,,, i can hear the clicking noise when i mouse over where the links should be..

No i have made 2 hardware change, i got a new DVD drive, but it's much better then my old one,,,, from what you are saying that seems like the problem,,,

so i guess it cant be fixed, i'm not buying a new drive again just to play the game,,,,

oh wait... i just remember the game is not a DVD game,, it's CD rom... and i have a CD rom drive as well.. i might try install it with the cd rom drive.

I'll post again when i try it.

Advertisement