Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wicked

Options
  • 11-11-2005 7:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭

Has anyone read this book "Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West" by Gregory Maguire? It tells the "untold" story of the wicked witch in the classic "Wizard of Oz". Really quite a genius idea.

There is also the Broadway musical that came out and I'm very fond of it. :D

The sequel "Son of a Witch" was released a couple of months ago.

So yeah.. anyone heard of/read it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Yeah, I read it over the summer. An easy read to be sure but only really being familiar with the Oz stuff from the movies, I thought it was nice to read about these childish, camp things in a slightly more 'serious' tone. And it's definitely changed the way I watch that movie now.

I started reading one of Maguire's other books - Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister, but it really just came across as more of the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I've been watching out for a copy of "Confessions.." now for while. Wonder now if it's worth reading

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭NoDayBut2Day

I never read Confessions, but I heard it's better than some of Maguire's other books (Mirror Mirror, Lost), but not as good as Wicked. It sounds interesting enough, though.

Advertisement