Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have you slept in the car park?

• 11-11-2005 7:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

Alrite all,
    Just wonderin is it alrite to sleep in your car in the multi storey (after a session, obviously)? will security make ya move? would save quite a bit o taxi money! has anybody done it before?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

Eh, no, have never done ot or considered it...surely you have friends that live around here that have a couch you can crash on or something? It could be dangerous coz when you drink you get confident and could get the 'bright idea' to try drive home? :v:

Security probably wouldn't take too kindly to it either, they don't seem to have a tolerance for anything!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

faigs wrote:
    It could be dangerous coz when you drink you get confident and could get the 'bright idea' to try drive home? :v:
    Aye, a fella in my class did that. He got home ok thankfully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

One solution: tinted windows...

They'll never know...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

ya might even be lucky enough and end up on one of those security videos they show at the start of 1st year...

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Ferror

steveland? wrote:
    One solution: tinted windows...

They'll never know...

Ah yes, tinted windows are great :P

Done it before alright, hide out in carpark 3 and you should be fine :D

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

rugbug86 wrote:
    ya might even be lucky enough and end up on one of those security videos they show at the start of 1st year...
    yeah, DCU "security" rolleyes.gif.

Wait til you hear what happened over the weekend.

oh i heard. that was a bit sh1t... was it insured?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,341 ✭✭✭markpb

CuLT wrote:
    yeah, DCU "security" rolleyes.gif.

Wait til you hear what happened over the weekend.

Care to share?

don't know full details but security forgot to lock up the hub and €2000 worth of DVD's were stolen from the anime convention.

rugbug86 wrote:
    oh i heard. that was a bit sh1t... was it insured?
    No insurance it seems, which we found strange.

Looks like DCU security will foot the bill fortunately, but we'll never have that crowd back again; hopefully they won't make things hard for us with other traders.

Edit: and it was €3000 worth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,341 ✭✭✭markpb

CuLT wrote:
    No insurance it seems, which we found strange.

Looks like DCU security will foot the bill fortunately, but we'll never have that crowd back again; hopefully they won't make things hard for us with other traders.

Edit: and it was €3000 worth.

Oh yeah, heard about that saturday morning. Really **** :( Was the venue left unlocked or the whole building? I presume they do have insurance but IIRC you can't insure something belonging to someone else.

Some doors were left unlocked, don't want to go into details.

Actually I meant the traders didn't have insurance, and I'm under the impression that most companies doing similar stuff have public liability insurance, which these didn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

It happened again? Jesus people must really hate AMS... :(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

CuLT wrote:

I'm surprised they aren't eager to come back and encouraging others to do so also. They'd never have made that much at Eirtakon otherwise. They should come back and hope, ne pray, that it happens again.

I'm glad security are taking the blame and paying though. It was a damn nasty thing to happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Homerbeer

I've done it, thre's a side passage to it, thats quite warm on level 1

Advertisement