Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with Excel

Options
  • 10-11-2005 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I am using excel but I need some help . I have to consolidate some sales but I cant seem to get it working just get over lapping sourse or some thing like that. I think I thought i was doing it right but I guess not , I am also having some trouble with the vlookup funcition. Searched the internet but I get alot of information that I dont really need goes into alot of detail.
    This is for college so I guess this is the right place to post it?

Thanks any way
    gob_smacked

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

what exactly you need done?
    How is the data presented?
    How big is the file? (you may be able to post it up here and we can have a look).
    Lots of excel tutorials on the web too...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

I can pm it to you if you want its not that big.Its an assisment for class.

I have sales numbers for the year and I need to consolidate the first quater of the year with the sales, and so on for each quater.I can get any answer. any idea .

post it up or pm and I'll have a look and see if I can help / explain it.

just pmed you

i uploaded . Small bit messy.
    I have to do a vlook up for the date code and the quarter. THe figurses are not exact .

• Advertisement

what exact info you need?
    Just to collate quarter spend by department?
    I think a pivot table might do the job...

I have to group overall sales per quaterer for each quater from quater 1 to quater 4 in 2003 and store it in a sheet named quaterly 03.

I was going to do the v look up later but i think i have to to it first , I have to uses the dates to determine quater 4. What do you tihnk ? Pivot table hard?

something like this?
    I've done a pivot table for 2003 (sheet pivot) showing department spend by quarter - including department and quarter totals.

Pivot tables are simple to use once you get the hang of them - found in "Data" on the toolbar.

yea thats it any way you can show me how to do that,If not ill do a search. I am also trying to do a vlookup this is the formula I am trying to get working VLOOKUP(C15,Date$C$12$:D$12,True) I have to determine the quater4 from the dates while hiding the translation table.If you dont already have one ill get you a gmail account for your help .

Thanks for your help

ON second look i dont think its right , I have to use the consolidate funcition .Was going through the pivot funcition think i understand it.

• Advertisement

I'm not the greatest at VLOOKUPs - maybe try someone one this forum.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=9

As for Pivot tables... I've attached a quick explanation how I did it.... It's well worth looking up some tutorials though and do some simple examples.
    best of luck.

Thanks for the help .Do you want the gmail account?

gob_smacked

Advertisement