Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

abit Ni8 Post code help..im stuck

Options
  • 10-11-2005 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭

Dear all,

maybe someone can help because i am rapidly running out of ideas. already asked ABIT, but i am not getting a lot from them, checked their forums for hours, checked google but nada....

i tried the cmos reset
    i tried the rebuild outside the box
    i tried praying (made me feel better but didnt help the boot)

when i cold boot this puppy: the post code runs thru the following steps

from start (some move so fast so i may have missed a step or 2 at the beginning)

A0
    C1
    C3
    0a
    2A
    2d
    9.9.-- shutdown. the whole cycle takes about 7-10 seconds.

i do get text on the screen, the logo and some other bios info, but to be hoenst, it doesnt last long.

i checked all cables, reseated graphics card, checked the sli single card switch was seated, removed any usb peripherals. stopped chaining psu cables, reseated memory (this is in bank 1 and 3 as per abit requirements). the keyboard is a standard ps2 connector.

i have the standard sound card that came in the box added also.

anyone got any ideas?? i am a bit stumped..

the setup is....

Abit NI8-SLI Dual-Core mobo
    Intel Pentium D 830 Dual-Core CPU 3.0GHz
    Gigabyte GV-NX78X256V-B GeForce 7800
    OCZ Value Pro Series 2GB (2 x 1GB) DDR2 667 (PC2-5400)
    Thermaltake Silent Purepower 680W Powersupply, 20/24pin
    Western Digital Raptor 74GB 10000RPM Serial ATA
    sony dvd writer ide

i do get text on the screen, the logo and some other bios info, but to be hoenst, it doesnt last long.

i have the standard sound card that came in the box added also.

anyone got any ideas?? i am a bit stumped...

thanks for any helpful suggestions,

thanks
    tom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Is the HSF on the CPU properly seated. This sounds like the CPU is overheating and the motherboard temp sensor is cathcing it and shutting the PC down for safety.

The LGA775 HSF's are horrible to install. I would advise you to remove it and then reseat it correctly, outside your case. Make sure all 4 corners are "clicked" in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

WizZard wrote:
    Is the HSF on the CPU properly seated. This sounds like the CPU is overheating and the motherboard temp sensor is cathcing it and shutting the PC down for safety.

The LGA775 HSF's are horrible to install. I would advise you to remove it and then reseat it correctly, outside your case. Make sure all 4 corners are "clicked" in.

WizZard i will check again but i was also careful becuase i had read a few horror stories on it. it is rock solid on it and yes, it was a complete Bstrd to seat, but they did click and they locked..but at this stage i will try anything.

any other suggestions for things to check?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Not for now. Double check that, and use Arctic Silver or another reputable paste and you should be fine.

The first LGA775 system that I built had the same issues. The problem was that the pins twisted in their holders and although they "clicked", they had not clicked properly into the motherboard.

WizZard wrote:
    Not for now. Double check that, and use Arctic Silver or another reputable paste and you should be fine.

The first LGA775 system that I built had the same issues. The problem was that the pins twisted in their holders and although they "clicked", they had not clicked properly into the motherboard.

cool...i will give that a go then.

thanks WizZard..

A big thanks to wizzard for all his help..

as he predicted it was the sprocket...and a big thanks to maplins and peats for not having any replacement thereby saving me 70 euro and my warranty...

result

:D wiz ---U DA MAN!!!

oh any by the way, he answered something neiter abit, or ocz or a lot of other posts i made on sites could do...!!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement