Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES5 ps2 connecting with internet connection sharing from pc

Options
  • 10-11-2005 12:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

I just realised after checking some online forums that there seems to be problems for a lot of people in connecting this way. (via internet connection sharing (wireless connection is shared with my lan\nic connection)

This is the problem I'm getting:

I pass the dnas authentication and then goes to "testing network environment". At this stage I get the following message

"unable to transmit using udp port 5730. You may need to connect directly to the internet or adjust your connection device ie. router settings etc. Assign DMZ, Port Mapping, Configure NAT table and other router settings to the console. Individual products may use unique terminology.

I have a netopia cayman 3347w wireless router downstairs connected to phone line. My pc is in upper bedroom, it has a usb wireless adapter for connecting to the router downstairs, it also has nvidia onboard nic\rj45 which is where I have the ps2 connected to.

I have added udp port 5730 to windows firewall in the hope that would resolve it but it hasn't. I've also accessed my router config page and tried to add a port mapping of 5730 but I don't seem to be able to.

Anybody with familiarity with this problem with the netopia cayman and how I can resolve it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Once windows firewall is allowed use 5730 the PS2 can use it, but its the router where you must get past.

You can follow guides etc on www.portforward.com but from my experience if your unsure which you seem to be , call Eircom and get them to talk you tru it. Each Routers access page looks completley different with every firmware and never looks like the one in the guide even when its the same bloody modem.

You need that port open or else you cant play online.

kdjac

Advertisement