Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FM104 Phone Show

Options
  • 09-11-2005 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I was just wondering does anybody listen to the Adrian Kennedy phone show on FM104. What do you think of it?
    I listen to it as much as I can, it has a number of good discussions about news and surveys and are very interesting for people of all ages. Just want to get your opinion on it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

stopped listening a few years ago. listened in the other day to hear a bunch of absolute knackers arguing about how some guy who was murdered was the kindest soul on earth.

i switched over then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

I listen to it every now and again. I've had a few emails in to the studio and have had them read out on air as well, some of which changed the tone of the particular argument. It truly is a fantastic show and can be quite hilarious some times. I have one of the best shows on tape, about knackers throwing rocks at cars on motorways. The amount of retards that throw stones who phone up is unbelievable and the amount of furious drivers tha phone up to give out is priceless too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Genghis

I like night-time talk shows, a lot. Sometimes though, I feel, that the AK show tries so hard to be sensational. It always draws the extreme from both sides and pits them against one another. Hence, while entertaining it is somewhat unfulfilling for me. 98FMs show suffers the same; as for the psychic show - well that is even worse.

As an alternative I listen to BBC Radio5 at night (Anita Anard from ten, Up all night from 1am). Good lively discussion with plenty of audience participation (though normally, in fairness, by text / e-mail). Also, if you have satellite TV or braodband, Londons LBC 97.3 (Sky no. 927 afaicr) has an excellent phone in show with Clive Bull (8pm to midnight).

There is nothing like falling asleep to talk radio ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

The Ouija board Adrian Kennedey was the best most of the calls went along the lines of some knackers saying "we were absolutely locked off our faces playing the luigi board" etc etc. Hilarious and nearly as pointless as the tv broadcast of him on the city channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Genghis wrote:
    I like night-time talk shows, a lot. Sometimes though, I feel, that the AK show tries so hard to be sensational. It always draws the extreme from both sides and pits them against one another. Hence, while entertaining it is somewhat unfulfilling for me. 98FMs show suffers the same; as for the psychic show - well that is even worse.

I agree. The Adrian Kennedy show is to serious talk shows as the Sun newspaper is to serious journalism.

As Genghis has said, all they do is just get some clown with an extreme and often quite ridiculous view on a certain subject and then allow them to let rip on air, and all it serves to do is to get as many people's backs up as possible. Then they just allow someone with an opposing view, which again is to the extreme, to come on air and battle it out with the first caller.
    Any time I've ever listened to it I was convinced that the people ringing up with extreme views are only on to provoke a reaction, i.e. they are just hamming it up or BSing.

How anybody can listen to this show and call it entertainment I'll never know.

B.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

it was on last night and there was some religious nutcase going on about how suicide is "premeditated self murder" and you'd go to hell etc etc etc. was quoting loads of scriptures and pi$$ing me off no end. Was very tempted to ring up to tell him that I was actually looking forward to ending up in hell if it meant I wouldn't have to listen to gobsh|tes like him in "heaven" - *that* sounds like hell to me.
    Anyting I've heard it it's full of howayas crapping on about some rubbish topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I used to listen to it a few years ago, but I can't listen lately cos it's too frustrating listening to the bloody morons that ring in. I feel compelled to ring in myself, but I restrain myself...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

its funny to laugh at the complete knackers ringing up complaining about the littlest things like bread going up a cent or two,then making a whole topic about it

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It's hysterical tabloid radio at its very worst. The radio equivilant of the Sun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭shabbyroad

do any of you really believe that those stories aren't setup ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

I've only ever heard it in taxis or in shops. I couldnt listen to it though as I have a passionate hatred of skangers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Its only reason for existing is to comply with the BCI conditions on how much talk is required on the station. nothing else

I used to listen to Chris Barry on fm104 when I was in school, it was handy for nodding off to sleep to, I must give Adrien Kennedy a listen some night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Its only reason for existing is to comply with the BCI conditions on how much talk is required on the station. nothing else

I used to listen to Chris Barry on fm104 when I was in school, it was handy for nodding off to sleep to, I must give Adrien Kennedy a listen some night.

Adrian Kennedy's research crew have a 'go to' list of people who will argue until the cows come home on any given topic. The whole thing is pretty much setup. Fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I'm amazed at the amount of people who think those shows are genuine. A lot of them are setup with the producers telling their stooges what line to take on the nights topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 SJRT2

what about get it off your chest wit adrian n jeremy thats the best bit of the show i think its hilarious to listen 2 ? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭Ray777

Reactionary, lowest common denominator drivel, spouted by loudmouth cerebrally challenged cretins, most of whom sound as though they were released from jail the previous day and have nothing even vaguely useful to say about any subject at all. Completely moronic. Anyway, enough about this thread, I think the Adrian Kennedy phone show is great. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Phoneshow

:D Alot of haters of the phoneshow in this thread!
    TBH without the phoneshow no one would ever be able to understand the minds of all classes of people, including the people some would consider scum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Phoneshow

YIKES!
    This is an old thread! I only noticed after I posted, its on the first result of google for FM104 Phoneshow so I guess its the only one, no need to make a new one right? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Just so happened to be on the M1 tonight when the traffic came to a stand still at around 9pm. AK comes across with a traffic update but his partner in crime questions AK on handing out traffic news on the show!

Does that other fella know the first thing about what a radio is for...
    Communication.
    Yes it's a big word but if I remember right the founding fathers of the great invention is to communicate.

Anyway Adrian thanks for the heads up tonight. It was too late for me but I'm sure some of your listeners managed to avoid the accident tonight. It's not all about women listening to the phone show in their jammy's. Plenty of us listen outside of the house so your traffic announcement was justified in my humble opinion.

Love the show BTW!

Advertisement