Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I like old shops

Options
  • 09-11-2005 5:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

I'm doing some research at the moment on shopfronts in Dublin, with a focus on quirky old shops, often ones that are no longer in use but that have unusual names/design features/ambiguous purposes etc. - for example The Irish Yeast Co. opposite Trinity College. I'm trying to find some books which go into detail about the design of shopfronts, or even in broader terms, books about humurous/whimsical buildings, particularly shops & cafes, which help shape the look of cities & towns and give them their character. Does anyone know of any titles which could help me out? So far I've found "Shop Horror-The Best and Worst of British Shop Names" but it's not really hitting the nail on the head.

Advertisement