Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snooker: Malta Cup Qualifiers (11am)

Options
  • 09-11-2005 10:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

One bet stands out like a sore thumb here.

10pts Win

David Gilbert to beat Ricky Walden @ 3.50 Stan James

Gilbert is a bit of a cocky git from the days I use to play, but it would appear he is growing up a bit these days. He has been scoring very heavily of late and his game is obviously coming on leaps and bounds.

He defeated Ding Junhui 5-1 in the previous round, and had a century to go along with a century he hit in his first qualifier.

I am mystified to see why he is 3.50 to beat Walden, who is a good young player himself, but 1.25 is a massive error in pricing! I would put Gilbert around the 2.25 mark to win this and in the form he is in, there is no reason why he shouldn't.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 PR

Gilbert smashed 5-1, what the hell happened to consistency?:(

Well, I've got worse form than a 3 legged horse on crutches with a hangover, but I won't give in.

10pts Win

Matthew Couch to beat Drew Henry @ 2.25 Stan James (Thursday 11am)

This is wrong, just 110% wrong. Henry is constantly on a slide down the rankings and posesses lots of grit but not much talent when it comes to the real stuff. Occasionally he shows it, but then so does a 3 legged horse on crutches.

Couch has been in good form all season and surprised me how much he has improved. Scoring very heavily along the way, he did very well in the German open and I'm willing to forgive him a 9-3 defeat at the hands of Rory McLeod, as Rory is another player about to come through as he works so hard.

Couch is the favourite on form to win this match and anyone thinking of backing Henry in this match @ 1.57 quite simply needs their head testing. Couch won his last round 5-0 against Joe Jogia, so the 9-3 defeat has not bothered him, but appears to have made him dig in.

2.25 is a good price, jump on. ;)

Couch Loses 5-4 after leading 2-0. :(

20pts Maximum Bet

Barry Hawkins to beat David Roe @ 1.40 Stan James

Hawkins is a whole universe better than journeyman Roe, and can only lose this match himself. Roe posesses nothing at all for Hawkins to worry about. In fact I'll go as far as saying, if Hawkins turns up with 2 arms and 2 legs, just stand by the collect counter.

I won't hear of defeat and Hawkins should be 1.10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

It went down to a decider between Hawkins and Roe. Hawkins won it. :)

eirebhoy wrote:
    It went down to a decider between Hawkins and Roe. Hawkins won it. :)
    Was a bit shocked to see Roe get more than a frame to be honest, but he did the business in the end which is what counts. ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement