Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

clubs and socs ball

• 08-11-2005 5:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

when's the clubs and socs ball on? And where's the venue?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭markpb

It's on Tuesday 29th November in the Burlington Hotel, D4. And its not the 'clubs and socs ball', hasn't been for years. It's just the socs ball :-)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

I cant wait for it. Oh to be able to afford a nice new dress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

debenhams have a sale on

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

I was in there during last week. Not much of a sale in the dress section, tbh!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

i saw lots of bargains...
    look harder!!! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Can't wait for it myself to be honest. Its gona be my first year there but from what I've heard its one of the best nights of the year. Roll on November 29th I say! :D

Sounds like good advice! I'll be in there Friday methinks.

Its like, 19days away... that's not really enough time...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

It takes you longer than 19 days to get ready? Jesus I knew women were bad but not THAT bad! :rolleyes:

To buy a dress, and accessories... eh. Yeah. By the time I get my act together like. And shoes and all that lark. Accesories. Eh. Stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Can't wait for it myself to be honest. Its gona be my first year there but from what I've heard its one of the best nights of the year. Roll on November 29th I say! :D
    It's tradition to just stay up all night doing stuff afterwards, be it drinking, sex, narcotics or my own personal favourite... gambling...

Then you crawl into college the next day in your formal shorts (having lost your pants along the way some place) and stay in the bar for the night...

It's gonna be an expensive night...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

markpb wrote:
    And its not the 'clubs and socs ball', hasn't been for years.

it never was, thats the awards thingy at the end of the year for clubs and soc, it was always the 'Socs Ball'... cue spockety to slate me for being pedantic. :p

Advertisement