Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless LAN card

Options
  • 08-11-2005 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,035 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I need to buy a wireless LAN card to fit into the expansion port of my Dell Inspiron 1100. Where is the best place to buy these and how much do you think I will have to pay?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=306153&cks=PRL
    The Linksys in that link is probably the best card out there at the moment. €45 + €10 delivery. I see you're in Germany so maybe you can get it cheaper there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,035 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Thanks, my German isn't so good so I didn't really want to look around German websites for one but I tried my best at amazon.de and found some for around €25-€30 (54 Mbps). Probably won't be able to complete an order since I won't understand anything but hopefully will get a German friend to help.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Dr J wrote:
    Thanks, my German isn't so good so I didn't really want to look around German websites for one but I tried my best at amazon.de and found some for around €25-€30. Probably won't be able to complete an order since I won't understand anything but hopefully will get a German friend to help.

Google does a german to english translation service on its website

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mayto

this german site http://www2.hardwareversand.de/7VqYxFwNcGtbOC/1/articledetail.jsp?aid=2113&agid=206
    sells 54mbps cards from 21 euro.got same one myself and works fine.site is in english also.i ordered from them and they have excellent prices,delivery in germany is only 7 euro,delivery here is 20 .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 jbx2005

I've got 2 non-branded wireless lan cards for sale.....€25 each. They're 802.11b compliant.

JBX

• Advertisement
Advertisement