Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

want to form a presidents of usa tribute

Options
  • 07-11-2005 11:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

all we need now is a bass player if you can sing that would help too.
    I've got a drummer and myself a guitarist sorted so if anyone out there is interested give us a shout.
    thanks guys

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

love to do this but i dont have the time. where are you based and what ages are you etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭loki_atwa

based in dublin im 21, al our drummer is 23 i think must ring to confirm lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

i'm interested, send me a mail ferdi@dublin.com

• Registered Users Posts: 9,035 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

You do understand the Presidents never had a bass player. If you want to do this right you'll have to play guitbass and basitar.

P.S. I'm a bass player and would have loved to have done this but I'm abroad for the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

yeah they'll find loads of bassitarist knockin round :rolleyes:

plus on their last album the used ' normal' guitars

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,035 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

ferdi wrote:
    yeah they'll find loads of bassitarist knockin round :rolleyes:

plus on their last album the used ' normal' guitars

Ok not to sound like a complete PUSA nerd here... The last album was played with basitars and guitbass's. Freaked Out and Small was the album played with regular guitars (and was their worst imo). Playing guitbass and basitar isn't hard. You just take half the strings off the guitar and tune the remaining strings differently. It's not like it's actually a different instrument. Whichever one is supposed to the bass is a regular guitar strung with 2 bass strings.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

You gonna be called?
    "Vice Presidents of the USA"
    :v:
    good luck!

I'm movin to the country... gonna eat myself some peaches...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭loki_atwa

i sound like an idiot it never struck me that i didnt need a "bass" player but a bassitar or guitbass player thanks guys i do know that on foas they were usin all of their six strings

as for names damn the vice presidents sounds bloody good

as for foas i do agree i thnik they thought to hard bout that one

ferdi i sent you a mail did ya get it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Danny

Hi there,

If you`re looking for an originals band you might be interested in us, here`s our ad:

Established Midlands-based rock band (av. age 22) in the American college/surf rock vein seek confident, experienced lead guitarist. We`ve just finished recording our debut album with the Dublin-based producer behind Republic of Loose, The Chalets, The Revs etc.

Lots of interest from major record companies.

Our primary influences include: Weezer, Blur, Eels, Sublime, Pearl Jam, Presidents of the USA.

Must be highly ambitious and experienced enough to know when not to play.

Contact Dan at (087) 2102922 for details.

Advertisement